• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Search results

1. R-Tistic

C. Hutch - Fresher (L.A. Jerkin shit, HOT!)

New track that is on the same Jerkin vibe as a lot of other tracks, but sounds polished and doesn't even mention Jerkin on it. C. Hutch - Fresher http://www.zshare.net/audio/65495551dce2bfed/ - Regular http://www.zshare.net/audio/654956241e40fb08/ - Instrumental...
  2. R-Tistic

Jerkin for dummies.....

Since "You're a jerk" is one of the main songs out right now, I'll drop a bit of info on the whole Jerkin scene goin on in L.A. right now. The youngsters here have been doin the dance itself for around 2 years, but didn't start makin songs until late last year. They've been wearin that 80's...
  3. R-Tistic

Using a subwoofer....

I have had my JBL Eon 518S since December, and it sounds pretty good at everything I do...but I just have the output from the mixer going straight into it, with no crossover or anything. I am thinking of buying whatever I'll need to get the most out of it, but I wanted to know how much of a...
  4. R-Tistic

How to KEEP IT REAL using Serato

*WARNING - This is a joke...not to be taken serious at all. I created this and posted it on the Serato site a few days back* So, you call yourself a DJ, but you went out and purchased Serato, right? Well, regardless if you're a 35 year vet who's been spinnin vinyl since 8-tracks were hot, or if...
  5. R-Tistic

DubCNN + DJ R-Tistic = U.S.C. Vol. 1: Universal Sounds of California (Murs Intro)

This mixtape will be on DubCNN, which is the main West Coast rap site. It is a mix of West Coast songs that have been released within the last year, and features some harder to find tracks. This is a true mixtape, in which I mixed in all of the tracks on my Technics 1200s...
  6. R-Tistic

If I go to your hood.....

If I go to your city, what are the local tracks that I would need to have? You can list old ones and new ones...but just list tracks that everybody in your city or even state knows, but you know it's not on radio or getting much play in different regions.
  7. R-Tistic

Everyone here....post your best mixtape!!!

Post a link to what you feel is the best example of your work and your style.
  8. R-Tistic

The promoter versus the crowd.....

I know this is an issue that EVERYONE here has had. It seems as if promoters will always have their vision of what they want to be played at the club, while the crowd tends to always want something different. How do you all deal with this issue, and how do you balance it to where both sides are...
  9. R-Tistic

DJ Slang or jargon you use

What's some slang or jargon that you use as a DJ? It can be terms that you created, or that you picked up from somewhere that still aren't commonly used. I'm not really talkin about typical slang that everyone uses, such as "beatmatching", cuttin, scratchin, or whatever...but just things that...
  10. R-Tistic

How would you respond if a DJ went after you, and....

This is based off of something that happened recently. I'll tell you all the rest of the story after some input, but I just want to know how everyone else here would feel if this happened to them. You're DJing an event which is basically a backyard boogie/party for an older crowd. The person...
  11. R-Tistic

"Damn, I wish I was DJing....."

Am I the only one that has trouble going to ANY event where there's a DJ without thinking thoughts like "damn, I wish I was DJing instead of just sitting here?" It doesn't matter if dude is dope as hell or wack...either way, it seems like I am always thinkin like I was DJing, and listenin to...
  12. R-Tistic

Limiting yourself as a DJ by only playing certain genres

DJing is my second/night time occupation, and overall, it is something that I enjoy doing. For me, I enjoy events where I can play music I enjoy hearing, and what I have an ear for...and that is usually any event that I don't have to play 100% straight off of MTV/commercial radio rap, and any...
  13. R-Tistic

Any hints of the biggest hits this summer?

Last summer, tracks like "Let it go" from Keyshia Cole, "Cupid shuffle", "Crank that Soulja Boy" and later on "I get money" from 50 were the major songs for the summer. Do we have any hints of the songs that will run this summer? I don't wanna say "Lollipop," "Love in this club" or anything...
  14. R-Tistic

Tips to upcoming producers

What's goin on? I started doin beats back in 95, but I haven't made much in the last year since I've been DJing. However, I can still drop some words of advice to you all. I was with Black Wall Street for a min when Game first came out, and I have done tracks for him, G. Malone, Murs, Kam, and a...
  15. R-Tistic

Bad things or annoyances that DJ's do

What are some things that DJ's do that you think are bad, annoying, or even ignorant at times? How many of you would even admit to doing these things, or doing them at some point earlier in your career as a DJ? -Too many shoutouts...whether it's to their homeboys, girls there, cities, or...
  16. R-Tistic

My Technics pitch keeps fluctuating...

I have two Tech 12s and I use them with Serato. I had the pitch mod done on it, and each of the pitches reach to abotu 10.5 and 11.2 % versus the regular 8. This worked fine until the last few times I used them. On one of the tables, which is the same table that has experienced RCA problems...
  17. R-Tistic

What cities/states have their own local style of music/dance?

What cities/states have their own style of music and dancing that has a strong scene, where most of it has the same sound/vibe and gets play from almost everybody in that area? It could still be major, or something that has lost steam since it first came out. From what I know, this is all I've...
  18. R-Tistic

My JBL JRX125 Hi's are not working...

My JBL JRX115 Hi's are not working... I have had two JBL JRXs since October, one is a 125 (2000 watts max), and one is a 115 (1000 watts max). I use them with a QSC amp that pushes 1800 watts. I never had any problems with either of them until today, which was the first time I let someone else...
  19. R-Tistic

Random tracks to scratch

This is probably a basic question to turntablist or anybody who has been scratching for a minute. I was at an underground Hip Hop spot, and the DJ was scratching over every song with some random kind of sound effect that didn't really sound like anything when it just played regularly, but it...
  20. R-Tistic

Who's suffered from "Compulsive Upgrade Disorder"?

LOL...this isn't really a serious disorder, well at least it shouldn't be...but how many of you all have ever suffered from "compulsive upgrade disorder," meaning that you seemed to spend money every time you got it in order to upgrade some part of your setup, or add something to it? I think...