• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Any hints of the biggest hits this summer?

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
Last summer, tracks like "Let it go" from Keyshia Cole, "Cupid shuffle", "Crank that Soulja Boy" and later on "I get money" from 50 were the major songs for the summer. Do we have any hints of the songs that will run this summer?

I don't wanna say "Lollipop," "Love in this club" or anything else that we've been hearin for the last three months...but somethin that will be at it's peak sometime in July. I haven't really heard many rap tracks yet that had that fire to it like that.

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
Damm....yeah I was listenin to Wayne's album and hopin he had somethin else that could be some sort of summer banger/anthem, but I don't think those really hold weight like the tracks in previous summers....the songs I listed for last year, and 04 with "Lean back" and all that.

The best summer ever is still 1995 though....I could make two full mixes of 95 summer music and it would kill anything from this decade easily.

djxquake

yep, that got money track is getting serious spins everywhere.
anyone diggin that new robin thicke track "magic"? the hook and especially the beat is just mesmerizing so i figure its gunna get possible radio play or gunna be another good sleeper???...... but anyway, for the 2008 fresh new music for this summer club award i nominate common "universal mind control".
why, i dunno maybe i heard it a few times without really paying attention to it and since pharell is featured on it and its has a dance bpm & a old school electric type of vive it will get play.

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
djxquake said:
yep, that got money track is getting serious spins everywhere.
anyone diggin that new robin thicke track "magic"? the hook and especially the beat is just mesmerizing so i figure its gunna get possible radio play or gunna be another good sleeper???...... but anyway, for the 2008 fresh new music for this summer club award i nominate common "universal mind control".
why, i dunno maybe i heard it a few times without really paying attention to it and since pharell is featured on it and its has a dance bpm & a old school electric type of vive it will get play.
I heard it, yeah it's a cool track. I think I might like Usher "This ain't sex" a little bit more though.

I haven't heard that Com track...I'll peep it when I get home

texasskoolboi

yea .. got money been gettin some good air play with on mo gin...

but my pick a few weeks ago was out here grindin by khaled.. i've started hearing it often around the D...

DeeJ

Out Here Grindin, Got Money, Universal Mind Control, I Kissed A Girl, (T-Pains new single Snap Yo Fingas with Lil Wayne, when released), Put On, What You Got... idk there will be more unexpected ones..

djhypnotiq718

The Turntable Assasin
my opinion I really don't think there any SUMMER ANTHEMS as of yet...yea Get Money is cool...but I don't see it as a club banger!!!

texasskoolboi

djhypnotiq718 said:
my opinion I really don't think there any SUMMER ANTHEMS as of yet...yea Get Money is cool...but I don't see it as a club banger!!!
tru... these songs are getting play but they not really club bangers....

DJRON-E

Has anyone one heard that Get Down by Rick Ross feat. Pharell? IMO it could be a club banger. But then again Im goin by what the ladies like to hear.

texasskoolboi

dj rebel said:
Well if your a latin dj. Pose By Daddy Yankee. is going to get big in the summer
im not sure bout that... most reggeaton tracks coming out are hot for 2-3 weeks then they just die out......

Pose has been getting a good number of requests tho.....

we'll just have to see...............

dj rebel

Washingtons #1 Latin DJ
texasskoolboi said:
im not sure bout that... most reggeaton tracks coming out are hot for 2-3 weeks then they just die out......

Pose has been getting a good number of requests tho.....

we'll just have to see...............
yeah i agree. but i don't qualify "pose" as reggeaton. the track is already a banger in my area and ima be spinnin it for a while out. hopefully the instrumental comes out soon.

kaos456

i dont think we heard the summer banger yet. but for right now ide say "put on" is what im feelin the most

as far the spring spring went to me the bangers were lollipop, the boss, i love ur girl & & love in this club.

OT

kaos456 said:
i dont think we heard the summer banger yet. but for right now ide say "put on" is what im feelin the most

as far the spring spring went to me the bangers were lollipop, the boss, i love ur girl & & love in this club.
i agree...in fact in my opinion there hasnt been a summer banger in years...somebody said something about "lean back earlier"...that was probably the last one in my opinion.

DJ RED

DJ Godfather
that new song by ying yang twins & Lil jon - Get Low.....and the other NEW one which just came out.....Usher - Yeah! lol.

nah over here it's Lollipop....Lollipop....Lollipop. o besides that ummm Three Six Mafias' song Lolli Lolli does good i play dat when i play flo-rida low or the anthem by pitbull.