• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Assassin - Christmas Is Here

Ruffneck Yute

DJ Spliff Raida
respek, bredren!
maybe uno waan dis ting: T.O.K. feat. Alozade, Ms.Thing & Monsta Twinz - Christmas Time Again?

yung_prince

a_prince_among_thieves
I dont get it Rastafarians arent Christians I mean Jah what has Jah got 2 do with Jesus. I thought u all about Haile Selassie. What is Christmas it's just a day on the calendar, why not just write a song called "December 25 is here" and why not just make a song called "June 25 is here" or any random day and month combination is here.

Last edited:

MaNgAnI_187

You are indeed a fool. First off, there is no central "church" in Rastafarianism, nor a dictated dogma, doctrine, and theology. Many Rastafarians believe Haile Selassie to be God, others believe he is an icon of Christ, others believe he is a non-divine Messiah who fulfilled the prophecy.

Haile Selassie was a Christian of the Coptic Church of Ethiopia. The Coptic Church and other Ethiopian traditions teach that after the Queen of Sheba (Ethiopia) left Solomon, she was pregnant and had his first born, Menelek. When He was of age, he went to receive his father's blessing. Solomon offered him the primogeniture to the Kingdom of Israel, and made him the Crown Prince, but Menelek refused to stay in Israel as he was already the heir to the thrown of Sheba, which would later become Ethiopia, Eritrea, and Yemen.

Solomon still recognized Menelek's primogeniture, and ordered the priests of Israel to send all their first born, and all the first born of the nobles of Israel were to go with Menelek to Ethiopia. Some believe they took with them the Ark of the Covenant, and it is in Axum, Ethiopia, and the tradition of the High Priest is still kept.

As the first born of Solomon, his lineage inherits the title "Lion of the Tribe of Judah". Haile Selassie's lineage can be traced back to Yekuno Amlak, son of Tasfa Iyasus, descendant of Dil' Na'od, the last King of Aksum (where tradition states is the location of the Ark of the Covenant). Because the Solomonic Dynasty can be traced to the Queen of Sheba, who can be traced through the Yuktanite Dynasty, this royal line is one of the two oldest in the world- the other being that of Japan.

Marcus Garvey is said to have prophesied in the 1920's (on several occasions) "Look to Africa, when a black king shall be crowned for the day of deliverance is at hand!"

Haile Selassie was crowned on November 2nd, 1930 and took the title "His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God". This, and his actions as a politician, have led many to believe him to be at most the Messiah and God, or in the very least an Icon of Christ (a perfect emulator). Regardless of what you believe, his reign has had permanent impacts on the world and especially Africa.

And one more thing: Not all Reggae artists, Jamaicans, or people who listen to Reggae music are Rastafarian...