• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

best cable to use for recording

dudesmn

im in the market for a 1/4" stereo cable. They say monster is the best, but i think its just all bs.

What cables do you guys use to record your instruments?

R. Pizano

DJ/Producer- 408 Bay Area
Monster, but thats because I get them for free. Friend is a drummer and their band are endorsed by Monster. But everyone says they the best, and to me they work nicely

PAP

DJ PAP
I know I was always like an RCA is an RCA, but yeah let's face it there are some super fragile cheap RCAs out there. But I ended up buying monster cables for Serato and also replaced my Tech turntables with monster cables and of course the sound is great, but what I like about the is that they are durable and well shielded which gives that feeling that I won't pick up any interference (if that's even possible). Overall I haven't had any problems with them.

sorry just released that your looking for 1/4", well there's my assessment on RCAs

Last edited:

gswift

I connect all my studio gear with either Mogami or Canares and I usually solder my own connectors...

gswift

Cables make a huge difference!!!! maybe you should tell us what you're hooking -up so we can get a better idea.

gswift

dudesmn said:
im basically hooking up my guitar and a bass to my firewire 410
Sooo why would you need a stereo cable?? I'd step into your local music shop and pick up an instrument cable...if they have George L cables go for that(even though I usually put Neutrik ends on it..)

D.V.US

Monster!!! They Are The Best.no Bs. But Then Again It Depends On The Application.. And What Kind Of Sound You Want, Or Instrument You Are Using... But For Mics.. I Always Use Monster Cables!!!

dudesmn

gswift said:
Sooo why would you need a stereo cable?? I'd step into your local music shop and pick up an instrument cable...if they have George L cables go for that(even though I usually put Neutrik ends on it..)

because an instrument cable is just a 1/4 cable.

i need stereo because otherwise it will just record in mono.

dudesmn

whats he difference between all these monster cables.

They one one mean for recording, another thats gold, and regular cables.