• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Christina Milian's Drop

dj tre-love

HEAD NODDER ENTERTAINMENT
Christina Milian (above) has been voted off Island Def Jam, after reportedly clashing with CEO L.A. Reid. Milian's 'So Amazin'' barely made 50,000 in first-week sales, despite heavy promotion.

Aspiring R&B diva Christina Milian is singing the blues.

I hear that Island Def Jam dumped the 24-year-old Milian — best known for her 2001 single "AM to PM" — after her third album, "So Amazin,' " was less than amazin' in the sales department.

Adding insult to injury, I'm told that Vibe magazine canceled Milian's scheduled August cover — after Island Def Jam informed the mag that she's toast — and replaced her with R&B singer Keyshia Cole.

Milian's PR rep confirmed the split with the record label, but tried to give it a sweet sound: "Christina Milian and Island Def Jam have decided to end their relationship due to creative differences. This was a mutual decision."

Island Def Jam had no comment.

But I hear that Milian — who a few months ago antagonized her ex-flame, MTV "Wild 'N Out" star Nick Cannon, by dissing him in interviews and a song — also irked record execs by refusing to take direction from Island Def Jam CEO L.A. Reid.

Despite Reid's pleading, I'm told, Milian passed on recording "S.O.S. (Rescue Me)," which ended up becoming a hit single for her label mate Rihanna — whose record, "Girl Like Me," sold 115,000 copies in its first week.

By contrast, Milian's heavily hyped album sold fewer than half that number — a meager 50,202 units — in the week after its May 16 release. Never mind that Island Def Jam laid on a promotional budget worthy of Mariah Carey.

I'm told folks at Island Def Jam are blaming Milian's boyfriend and executive producer, Marcello (Dre) Valenzano, of the producing team Cool & Dre, for the artist's alleged lack of cooperation.

Milian's flack didn't address the boyfriend flap or the Vibe cancellation, and Vibe reps didn't respond to a detailed message.

SOME OF YOU MIGHT REMEMBER I SAID THAT IF COOL AND DRE PRODUCED THE ENTIRE CD SHE MIGHT BE IN TROUBLE, WELL LOOK LIKE I WAS RIGHT

dj piezo

I Heard That She Was Tryin To Leave The Label Anyway To Start Off Fresh...Keep YA Head Up Christina U Can Lean On Piezo AnyTime....LOL

cleobtw

aka DJ Boss-Cee
DJ Academic said:
I think she'll be aaiight, maybe she'll be the next artist on G-Unit 50 is pickin up everybody.......LOL
LMAO!!! I'm not shocked or suprised about her getting dropped. When I listened to her cd, I was not that impressed. I was ready too because when "Who's Gonna Ride" leaked out, I was like hell's yeah. But she lead with "Say I" which didn't do anything for me. Damn, when Jeezy can't make your song a hit...that says a lot!!! IMO, I don't think it would have mattered if she did the "S.O.S." track because Rihanna's lil reggae flavor is what sets the it off. She better get that movie career kickin again.

Last edited:

dj2def

I think that it's fair enough she gets kicked from Def Jam/Island, coz too many songs on the album arent that hot. The song with Dre, Hot Boy, is downright shocking, n i think the chemistry between Dre & Christina kinda stuffed up the whole recording process. Also what counted against her is the artwork for the album which is absolutely shocking. The cover has a pretty average foto of christina looks like she just got out of the shower n didnt do her hair, and the font style of the writing is awful and the whole design is sux. So that didnt help matters she should use her beauty to help her career.
Having said that her album So Amazin... is still way better than A Girl Like Me. They tacked on two crap and pointless remixes of Pon de Replay and If its Loving That You Want and the rest of the songs are pretty average. I mean so soon after her first album which also had the zillionth cover version of No, No, No, and Rihannas is nowhere near as good as Eve's! Oh well. Say I is defin8ly a hot song and so is Whos Gonna Ride, they will rock clubs and radios for awhile to come so maybe there is some hope for her after all. Mayb she can join Beyonce's all-gurl touring band..lol

LUV Ya Christina XXX good luck 4 da future

Last edited:

gomsmona

Music Retailer & DJ
I'm not surprised, I love Christina, but her past 2 albums only had a couple good songs on them. She ain't hurtin' though with movies, Kim Possible, etc. she's str8t.

DJ enCore

dj tre-love said:
SOME OF YOU MIGHT REMEMBER I SAID THAT IF COOL AND DRE PRODUCED THE ENTIRE CD SHE MIGHT BE IN TROUBLE, WELL LOOK LIKE I WAS RIGHT

U ain't lyin, man. I always said and still stand by it, "FUCK A Cool-N-Dre".
Besides having the corniest production team name, they might half-ass tracks 85% of the time, and only rip off the hottest trend of the moment. Dre can't rap worth a sh!t either. Real producers stand up, corny beatmakers and songwriters sit the fuck down!

P-KNoW

ORIGINAL HEATSEEKA DJz
not surprised... I would have def banged her before I heard the album... ok I'd still bang her, but she cant have my babies...

she fine as hell though so I'M SURE we'll here from here again...

Leigh001k

Nadina
not surprised man she nt dat good, a wannab ashanti adn aaliyah. sad that dey dropped her tho that say i joint is tight in uk waters. she needs a dif label they dont know wt 2 do with her at dej jam, g unit or murder needs hyping some more.

Dj Nomad

DJ enCore said:
U ain't lyin, man. I always said and still stand by it, "FUCK A Cool-N-Dre".
Besides having the corniest production team name, they might half-ass tracks 85% of the time, and only rip off the hottest trend of the moment. Dre can't rap worth a sh!t either. Real producers stand up, corny beatmakers and songwriters sit the fuck down!
the dude is a good producer what you talking about. You dont remember ja rule....I'm from New York, Game, hate it or love it.....I could go on and on. Them dudes know what they doing. Dont hate.

I_Rep_The_662

Mississippi's Finest
Even with 2 hot tracks (Say I and Who's Gonna Ride) and a Jamster ringtone (LOL), she still got dropped...

I agree... they shouldnt have produced the ENTIRE CD... bad move... that's like JD producing JJ's entire CD... not a good move...

Who would I listen to for career advice? LA Reid or my producer boyfriend.... hmmm... hard choice there... lol

But I say this... she'll be back... if Kelis is set to drop album #4 and all of her albums have sold double wood, CM will get another opp to record...