• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Crime Mob - What Is Love (Night at the Roxbury Sample!!!)

A.L.C.

CHEAAAH!!!
Crime Mob samples Haddaway’s What Is Love, you’ve just gotta hear that shit! The original Haddaway track was released in 1993 and then made popular again in 1998 after the release of the film A Night At The Roxbury. The track is as cheesy as mid-nineties house gets, and as such makes for an incredible sample to build a hip hop track around.

A-Vocals from Crime Mob on Haddaway track...HELL YEAh!!!!!

Crime Mob - What Is Love (Night at the Roxbury Sample!!!)

PEEP THE LINK :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8a5y8z

let me kno whut ya`ll think

Last edited:

DJShaan

Hmm...I don't know what to make of the song. I can see what you were trying to do with it, but I don't think you got it 100%. What Is Love is a happy, upbeat kind of song, but the lyrics and certain parts like the piano hit don't match up with that sound. I would either put different lyrics over the beat you have already, or maybe make a new beat sampling just the dude saying "What is love, baby don't hurt me." with a different melody. I would give what you have now a 5/10.

rookie

Dj Cue ReLL
uMmMmM...........GoOd, i GuEsS!!! EvErYtiMe
i HeAR ThiS soNg i PiCtuRe ThoSe Two GuY'z
FrOm SNL HuMp DaNciN' ThaT giRL iN thE
MiDDle oF ThEM!!lol

DJ enCore

rookie said:
uMmMmM...........GoOd, i GuEsS!!! EvErYtiMe
i HeAR ThiS soNg i PiCtuRe ThoSe Two GuY'z
FrOm SNL HuMp DaNciN' ThaT giRL iN thE
MiDDle oF ThEM!!lol
Chris Kattan and Will Ferrell. LOL.

The Watcher

i feel u, but Crime mob just aint supposed to be on no hilarious shit... they coulda got a comedian to be funny for them.. i dont think this song will go anywhere...

DJ Benny Stixx

The Watcher said:
i feel u, but Crime mob just aint supposed to be on no hilarious shit... they coulda got a comedian to be funny for them.. i dont think this song will go anywhere...
See I love these comments.. no disrespect homey but that's exactly what Crime Mob wanna hear... that they ain't supposed to be on some funny sh!t... because now you're gonna tell your people about this "stupid" song and then they'll listen too... Some cats smell a little money and start crossin' over or whatever you wanna call it b\c they want that larger audience and more $$$.....either way they got people talkin' about this track and probably will get another group of people interested in their music now.... check 3-6 mafia..............hmmm.......T.I. singin' with Justin Timberlake now... and the list goes on..

Anyway - just ventin' watcher.. all Crime Mob is doin' is puttin on their business suits homey..

SUBVERT

Hmmm I like the idea but something about this song was awkward. As a general rule I don't think it sounds good when rap beats sample techno/house music. But look out for that new Crime Mob album in March.

dagorgeousone

DJ Stout Junt
Ok I understand getting money is very important and sometimes venturing in other genres not only creates a more creative music and new sound, but also gives more exposure. But creating bad music is not gonna help them either. The rap wasn't too bad, but those two genres shouldn't be mixed. At least not on this song anyway. Still love Crime Mob tho!!! :)