• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

"Damn, I wish I was DJing....."

kaos456

sounds like you guys have a bunch of wack dj's & clubs around your way. LOL. even if u dont usually dance.. a good dj & the buzz u getting from the yacks & coronas gonna make u hit that floor.

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
kaos456 said:
sounds like you guys have a bunch of wack dj's & clubs around your way. LOL. even if u dont usually dance.. a good dj & the buzz u getting from the yacks & coronas gonna make u hit that floor.
LOL...it's not even about if they are wack, DJ's are gonna make any DJ seem wack, whether they are or aren't!

Dj BlackLabel

Midwest 2 the bone
True...lol

So true, especially if it's NOT THEM dj'ing....good points in your posts fam!!!

R-Tistic said:
LOL...it's not even about if they are wack, DJ's are gonna make any DJ seem wack, whether they are or aren't!

latinblood2k1

R-Tistic said:

lol I agree we have a lot of good dj`s here in our major clubs but most of the clubs here are filled w/ whackness and yea R Tistic is right I admit I do criticise sometimes but that`s to open the public`s ears I tell them straight up that I`m not all that either I do it more to point out the mistake and so people can actually start appreciating and hiring better dj`s.

djhypnotiq718

The Turntable Assasin
man this thread is funny!!

I still go to other clubs just to see how the other DJ's play..... I mean they might play a song you never even heard you know...I think its perfectly fine...to use ideas from other dj's in other clubs...as long as you incopperate your own style to it...Its fine!!!

Rarely do I go to a club and diss the DJ unless he completely SUCKS ASS!!!! I went to this club in Austin this past Friday...and the DJ was not bad at all!!! he tried to scratch but it was all off and everything......I didn't even have a negative thing to say about it because Once upon a time I was there...It was a time when I couldn't scratch or mix for SHIT!!!! I guess what I'm trying to say is...ALL of us as DJ's...we weren't born with this talent...it took practice and dedication and we shouldn't knock the next man....if he or she is on his or her grind!!!!

dj_three

djhypnotiq718 said:
man this thread is funny!!

I still go to other clubs just to see how the other DJ's play..... I mean they might play a song you never even heard you know...I think its perfectly fine...to use ideas from other dj's in other clubs...as long as you incopperate your own style to it...Its fine!!!

Rarely do I go to a club and diss the DJ unless he completely SUCKS ASS!!!! I went to this club in Austin this past Friday...and the DJ was not bad at all!!! he tried to scratch but it was all off and everything......I didn't even have a negative thing to say about it because Once upon a time I was there...It was a time when I couldn't scratch or mix for SHIT!!!! I guess what I'm trying to say is...ALL of us as DJ's...we weren't born with this talent...it took practice and dedication and we shouldn't knock the next man....if he or she is on his or her grind!!!!

that's the truth. people used to think I was some kind of club-head cause I would go to all the spots that was poppin to check the crowd reactions when certain songs got played. we was all in that beginner stage where some other dj was out there pickin us apart. hell they still out there doin it.

DJ Breaking_

I"m gonna make u dance
R-Tistic said:
LOL! , "I DJ because I can't dance for shit!"
LMAO, thats me for the first 2 years of djing, the same crowd had to teach me how to dance my mixes lol!

Last edited:

djunity

Bum Squad
R-Tistic said:
Am I the only one that has trouble going to ANY event where there's a DJ without thinking thoughts like "damn, I wish I was DJing instead of just sitting here?"
I have problems even HEARING about a packed event that involved a dj and not wishing I was there spinning.

I try my best to not speak negatively about any djs. I may think negative things while im listening to a dj spin but I usually keep those opinions to myself. I may only voice those opinions to my wife...lol. I try and respect anyone that is willing to stand up in front of a large group of ungrateful perhaps drunk individuals and play music. Because I know from extensive experience that these djs are leaving themselves open for enormous criticism from the general public.

I wish I could get out more to listen to other djs spin. I think djs try and pick apart another djs performance only to make themselves feel better about their skills. Im guilty of doing this very thing but it is beneficial to listen to other djs, if for no other reason than to pick up new tracks, new ideas, or a dj may be playing a track that you dont play and now that dj has helped you realize that you should be playing it.