• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Dj Insurance *important*

piojos_15

PRO DJ
hey guys i've always wanted to know if there is such an insurance available for my dj equipment. I have invested almost 10.000 dollars and I'm afraid one of this days somebody will take my stuff after a gig or after the club. Please let me know if you guys have something to protect your equipment or if you know of any company.

NOTE: I live in Virginia

DJSPONTANEOUS

Have you tried
{N.A.M.E.}
.:National Association of Mobile Entertainers:.

http://www.djkj.com/

Give them a call... They will have all the information that you need...
And they are Countrywide!!

FYI...
I think for about $200 bucks a year/. you are insured up to $2,000,000
(That's how much is was the last year I had Insurance)
Their Insurance covers everything...
You just have to specify.. Once you elect to have Insurance...
The representative will contact you with the specifics..
They will send you the nessessary paper work for you to designate
how much equipment you'd like to insure, and How much it all totals...

Plus... They are Known for their connections and perks...
Check'em out!

dj rebel

Washingtons #1 Latin DJ
good lookin out DJSPONTANEOUS. im going to check out the site.

has any one here gotten their dj equipment stolen???

Dj LiL

"The Vynil Kingz"
whoah thanx for the info man..i didnt know there was Dj Insurance..lol But getting equipment stolen can happen almost anywhere at any time..thats why u gotta either be strapped..or have insurance =] hehe

DJSPONTANEOUS

Yeah Mayne DJ Insurance...
But.. it's most Important use is for certain "Venue's..."
Certain Catering halls (The More Elegant Ones) Require that you "The Entertainer" have Insurance.. Not only to cover your equipment from being stolen or broken... but... to cover all the party Goers...
Let say... you are doing a "Doo Doo Brown Contest"... (lol)
and Some drunk chick with the rediculous a$$ gets up on stage (or Platform) to do the Doo Doo Brown... and She slips on some Cake... if she breaks her arm... she can SUE you.. Because you were the one making her dance... (if you can believe that shit!!!! ) so that is why If you are a "Event Dj",... not so much a club DJ.. it should be mandatory to have it...
Before I had Insurance... I lost out on a few gig's because the required me to have it... so I had to turn them down... (I'm talking $1000+ corporate gigs!!!) That's when I wized up... and Got the insurance...
also... It's good thing to add to your advertising... Once you put the words...
***Fully Insured***
It puts potential customers at ease...
And makes you look more professional... ya know!

Also... If you have had the problem of your equipment being stolen...
These are a few of the things I recommend...

1. Never do an event ALONE.. Always have a friend / partner with you to keep you company.. Not to mention.. if you gotta take a sh*t.. He can watch yo sh*t! lol

2. You have the ability to say no... I understand money is money... but is it worth it??... In the end... it's your equipment and your safety... What I mean is if it's at a really BAD location.. where 15 people were shot there at the last party... you don't have to do it! lol

3. Never Call attention to yourself... You are a DJ.. And you have a higher standard of what music should sound like.. so it's almost certain... when you arrive to a gig to have the "top down" and the Music Blasting... Now...
When you do that... "People are always watching".. By the time you unpack your equipment... and Hand-truck it inside... They are watching where you park.. Next thing you know... you come back (after your event) to your Whip.. and your SYSTEM IS GONE!!! (not to mention.. your favorite MIX CD that was in your radio!!!lol).. There is nothing worse than making $600 bucks.. and the next day having to spend $1200 to put everything back in!!!!lololol

4. Never bring your GIRL / WIFE to an Event... Unless you wanna fight the entire time... Women will never understand that People (Male and Female) (But they only See the Females..lol) will approach you to request tracks... and Shout outs... They are not trying to pick you up!!!!... (maybe.. but she ain't gotta know that...lol) If she does slap you... don't worry... because your NEW INSURANCE covers the tooth she knocked out! lolololol
Not to mention.. They are a distraction... the reason she is there... is because she either, doesn't trust you... you don't trust her... (in my opinion... either way you need to seek help..lol)
That lil distraction... could get your sh*t taken from right underneath your nose!!!

Follow these simple rules... and you should be just fine! lololol

Last edited:

Dj LiL

"The Vynil Kingz"
DJSPONTANEOUS said:
Yeah Mayne DJ Insurance...
But.. it's most Important use is for certain "Venue's..."
Certain Catering halls (The More Elegant Ones) Require that you "The Entertainer" have Insurance.. Not only to cover your equipment from being stolen or broken... but... to cover all the party Goers...
Let say... you are doing a "Doo Doo Brown Contest"... (lol)
and Some drunk chick with the rediculous a$$ gets up on stage (or Platform) to do the Doo Doo Brown... and She slips on some Cake... if she breaks her arm... she can SUE you.. Because you were the one making her dance... (if you can believe that shit!!!! ) so that is why If you are a "Event Dj",... not so much a club DJ.. it should be mandatory to have it...
Before I had Insurance... I lost out on a few gig's because the required me to have it... so I had to turn them down... (I'm talking $1000+ corporate gigs!!!) That's when I wized up... and Got the insurance...
also... It's good thing to add to your advertising... Once you put the words...
***Fully Insured***
It puts potential customers at ease...
And makes you look more professional... ya know!

Also... If you have had the problem of your equipment being stolen...
These are a few of the things I recommend...

1. Never do an event ALONE.. Always have a friend / partner with you to keep you company.. Not to mention.. if you gotta take a sh*t.. He can watch yo sh*t! lol

2. You have the ability to say no... I understand money is money... but is it worth it??... In the end... it's your equipment and your safety... What I mean is if it's at a really BAD location.. where 15 people were shot there at the last party... you don't have to do it! lol

3. Never Call attention to yourself... You are a DJ.. And you have a higher standard of what music should sound like.. so it's almost certain... when you arrive to a gig to have the "top down" and the Music Blasting... Now...
When you do that... "People are always watching".. By the time you unpack your equipment... and Hand-truck it inside... They are watching where you park.. Next thing you know... you come back (after your event) to your Whip.. and your SYSTEM IS GONE!!! (not to mention.. your favorite MIX CD that was in your radio!!!lol).. There is nothing worse than making $600 bucks.. and the next day having to spend $1200 to put everything back in!!!!lololol

4. Never bring your GIRL / WIFE to an Event... Unless you wanna fight the entire time... Women will never understand that People (Male and Female) (But they only See the Females..lol) will approach you to request tracks... and Shout outs... They are not trying to pick you up!!!!... (maybe.. but she ain't gotta know that...lol) If she does slap you... don't worry... because your NEW INSURANCE covers the tooth she knocked out! lolololol
Not to mention.. They are a distraction... the reason she is there... is because she either, doesn't trust you... you don't trust her... (in my opinion... either way you need to seek help..lol)
That lil distraction... could get your sh*t taken from right underneath your nose!!!

Follow these simple rules... and you should be just fine! lololol

lol damn i didnt know that...thanx for the info
im gonna have to look into that

DJSPONTANEOUS

That's who I had my insurance with for 3 years...
They are extremely Legit....

I've never really used the website Links...
I just call them Direct when I have questions about anything at all..

The Main kat is Named "Bruce"

National Association of Mobile Entertainers
N.A.M.E.
Box 144
Willow Grove, PA 19090
215-658-1193 800-434-8274

DJ Benny Stixx

Most of my insurance is in my contract I use... like spon was sayin' it covers my party that's with me if something goes down... covers my equipment.. if\when you start using contracts, all of these things should be included.. If something is broken or damaged, it's covered... good thread...

rfingers

MRFingers
N.a.m.e. Has Been Around For A Minute. Another Source For Insurance And Other Contacts Is The A.d.j.a.(american Disc Jockey Association) Also Read Dj Publications Such As Mobile Beat And Dj Times For Reviews And Information About The Various Dj Associations.