• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Do you dislike a upcoming producer if he sounds like a major producer?

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
All producers do it when they first start....name ANY producer, and 9 times outta 10, I can name who they sounded like at first. The thing is, the ones who become major ALWAYS evolve into their own sound. If an upcoming producer sounds like a clone, but the beats are just as hot, then it's no deal...but most of them sound like they are TRYING to sound like them, and it will be nothing but a cheap C- imitation of that producer's beats.

imakehits

R-Tistic said:
All producers do it when they first start....name ANY producer, and 9 times outta 10, I can name who they sounded like at first. The thing is, the ones who become major ALWAYS evolve into their own sound. If an upcoming producer sounds like a clone, but the beats are just as hot, then it's no deal...but most of them sound like they are TRYING to sound like them, and it will be nothing but a cheap C- imitation of that producer's beats.

Your exactly right!

Diamond Dog

NNY's Truth
R-Tistic said:
True that. You said it perfectly!!:)

AveMcree

FutureStarDJs/TrapCampEnt
honestly I think the music industry isnt ready for new material 95% of the time... alot of A&R's just sign dudes off of hype these days which isnt a bad thing all the time.

or they follow the biggest trend... so its actually hard to be original all the time

me personally, I rather be patient and wait for the game to shift gears in my favor... keep making hot songs w/ indie & major artists & wait till my time come while I grind...

thats all you can do...

Last edited:

Ghetto Story

I agree with you bro, it's really hard to find a 100% original producer n in most cases this djs sound bad or people is not ready to preciate them work

The Biologist

It is the nature of somebody who is inspired by another artist to use ideas from that artist. To stand out on your own I think you can harness the elements that make that artist so special to you and come up with your own twist on it and as time goes by you will adapt to a unique sound

Phonic

AveMcree said:
shit is corny as hell......sad thing is alot of A&R's want the same shit

Co-sign. Producers ( hell even rappers to ) is scared to be themselves anyway.

Aint nothing wrong with being inspired though.

Shadik

R-Tistic said:

Um.....................................Timbaland

DjTito

Tu Socio
Dj Quick:D

TheSuperDaves

Hottest In The Game
The SuperDaves...hottest up and coming producers in the game right now. hands down. we got our own sound for sure. you'll be hearing alot of us this year..a lot of big projects in the works as we speak. anyone interested in production hit us up on the myspace!

imakehits

The SuperDaves...hottest up and coming producers in the game right now. hands down. we got our own sound for sure. you'll be hearing alot of us this year..a lot of big projects in the works as we speak. anyone interested in production hit us up on the myspace!
Yea thats what alot of folks say. but whats ur myspace page

TheSuperDaves

Hottest In The Game
nah, i feel you. i probably hear that at least 8 times a day.......on a slow day. lol. music speaks for itself though, check it out.

myspace.com/thesuperdaves

wmsproductions

If they put their own twist on it then it's cool because you are always going to have things similar to those before just off influence even if its not unconsciously