• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Gettig rid of the tables

ImTheDJ

DJ CRANK
Has anyone traded in the tables for cd players. How did you go about it and how is it now better or worst? Im debating on getting rid of my tables, I havent bought a 12" in about 5 months, and Im tired of carrying these damn crates. I did a party the other night for some teens, I used CD's all night cause I dont have any new records, and it was just as tight. What yall think

DJ Triton

FireStorm Entertainment
I think thats a great move. I hung my tables up about 8 months ago. I converted all of my 12" to CD. Like you said, its just as good!

kain101

I am using both, they both have their pros and cons

if you just do beat mixing, or straight playing of a song or playing a song for 5 minutes before u begin to blend in the next track because you could not figure out how to do so before the break in the record comes in then go for it.

if you mix like a dance hall selector and need to change songs every minute and a half or if you are heavy into scratching (yes some cd players scratch just not at the turntablist level) u may want to stick to vinyl

later down the line i might just go all CD but, i personally enjoy having both for the moment

@DJ mini@

i use both

like he said above.. they both have their advantages. i know a bunch of people who converted all their traks to cd. i just think scratching is alot beter w/ a turn table compared to one of the CDJ's out there that try to simulate scratching. so basically if u scratch alot and like to mix ur shit all up keep the tables. i currrently use 2 cdj's and 1 turntable and i like it alot. i du want to get another turntable tho.

hope that helped you out.

lemme know wassup,
DJ mini

ImTheDJ

DJ CRANK
I do scratch somewhat alot, but I dont plan on being a turntabilist or beat juggling or anything like that. I can do enough to make the crowd go damnnnnnnnnnnn, the basics crabs, flares etc. But the sounds I can do I can do on a turntable I can do on a CDJ 1000/800. I watched a a friend of mine DJ with 2 CDJ 1000's for about 3 hour's and I could not tell the diffrence. The only things that are holding me back are:

1: No more acapella's (hard to find on CD) means no more blends
2: Converting all the albums to CD, I have approx 13 crates but will only keep the essentials.
3. No more AV8's and butta blends and DJ's running things
4: What happens if I lose a couple of CD's or they get scratched.
5: Getting an extra harddrive to back up all my music files.

on the plus side:
1: No More crates
2: did I say no more crates, no more 6 or 7 trips
3: no more pops and hisses
4: no more $7.99 singles
5: lighter faster easier setup
6: and a couple of minor things like $150.00 for needles ($75 each shure M447)

I might get another table to keep at home to record stuff.

Im sure Bigz can clear all this up for me, Where you at DJ Bigz "The digital DJ"

treyfive

Wouldn't it be a whole lot simplier is record companies made cd singles with everything vinyl has. I learned with cd's only, and it is kind of neat. I'd use both. Use cd's for you BET/MTV stuff, and the turntables for the days when you feeling like doin' the damn thing. Plus if your cds get scratched there are all kinds of thing you can you to remove that scratch.

DJ

RECORDS OR CDS?????

Well I must say Records are what being a real hiphop,R&B and Reggae is all about. CD DJ"s???? Please yall.. How funny that must look @ a HipHop show!! I think you get way more love and respect for the game if you use all wax. Anybody can press a cd player switch on or off go or stop. But can just Anybody dj wit records? You tell me?? It takes the fun out the game for real I think..... Holla!! Upstate Vibe Ent. DJ 808 & Freddy-P 1-315-722-3359 One...................

SAO

MOD
nah...i agree wit Dj...........but also ..i know some peeps that use CDj's like my man bigz........he's doing his thang...he aint no fake dj............these new cd players are just like vinyl...u gotta have skillz, wit them..........
but you know who i really hate,,,,,,and i hope i dont offend anyone..........

IS them So...called dj's that post up shop wit a laptop......."PCDJ SHIT".....it matches BPM's and mixes for them.........and .......so what its madd convenient..........
fuck em.............Think i wasted years to learn the art of Djaying....so some bitch ass,,,,can post up wit his Computer.....

SAO,,,,,,,TURNTABLES AND CDJ's are still good to go......
Pcdj...get outta here.............

ImTheDJ

DJ CRANK
Hmmmmmmmmm I kida agree and disagree, If you look at award shows and concerts and performances, theres a DJ 2 turntables and usually a CDJ1000. Believe it or not. I have thousands of records and crates and back pains to prove it. So I don't think that should question my credibility. Now I do agree with the PCDJ thing or the button pushing CDPLayers they are what I consider to be Secrataries, typist or clerks. I hate to see those things, guys roll up with a laptop and a cordless mic, sounding all gipper............ha ha ha. I personall think that the CDJ 800's, 1000's and if that new Numark CDX1 is as good as they say it is I think thats gonna be the future. Yeah we can try to hold on as long as possible but like the VCR, the end is coming (DVD).

Well Guys I have decided to get 2 DJ CD players, and keep my turntables also, for show or for copying records to CD. But for all my parties and everything outside the Lab. Im using the CD Players.

Bigz

"Fuc We Drankin?!?"
Just do you... Contray to ANYONE'S opinion, JUST DO YOU!! I could give a f@#k less what the next man says or how he portrays me... YOu gettin money?? YOu enjoy what you do?? CDJ's 4 life baby!!! Whut up Sao?? Labor Day weekend doggy!!! YEA!! ONe... :D

ImTheDJ

DJ CRANK
Hmmmmmmmmm I kida agree and disagree, If you look at award shows and concerts and performances, theres a DJ 2 turntables and usually a CDJ1000. Believe it or not. I have thousands of records and crates and back pains to prove it. So I don't think that should question my credibility. Now I do agree with the PCDJ thing or the button pushing CDPLayers they are what I consider to be Secrataries, typist or clerks. I hate to see those things, guys roll up with a laptop and a cordless mic, sounding all gipper............ha ha ha. I personall think that the CDJ 800's, 1000's and if that new Numark CDX1 is as good as they say it is I think thats gonna be the future. Yeah we can try to hold on as long as possible but like the VCR, the end is coming (DVD).

Well Guys I have decided to get 2 DJ CD players, and keep my turntables also, for show or for copying records to CD. But for all my parties and everything outside the Lab. Im using the CD Players.

Dj Swell

THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE......I am old school with the 1200's...the the BEST promotional hype I have seen so far......wow.....

Swell:)

Bigz

"Fuc We Drankin?!?"
Thought that link Sao posted was something?? Got a dvd that will knock yo socks off!! For all you "digital dj's", Pioneer will be in Orlando along with their national demonstrators November 21-23 showcasing their products . Holla at me if you going up, we can link up...

kain101

big wiz does product demos for so many companies... then again he has been in the game for 20 years plenty of time to get established

mr.dj

Digital Artisan
I've been using the Numark CDN-88 for a while now and I'm VERY happy with it. I've been using turntables for a VERY long time and going digital was the best decision I ever made. I like the Pioneer and Denon as well, but the Numark is compact and great for a wedding DJ. I'm not clubbin' much anymore. Getting too old, I suppose... I don't want to be the "old man in the club"...

MR.DJ

ImTheDJ

DJ CRANK
I hear you dog, I have a CDN-88 also, Im not to good with it though, because I always run back to my tables when DJing. I dont know why but it takes me almost the whole song to get the beats to line up. I had my CDN for some time now. Basically I dont know how to use it for whats worth. I cant never get the beat match to work right. The scratching sounds off or has a pause when you let the jog dial go. I dont use all that extra stuff, cause it sounds corney. I cant get the sampler to do a smooth loop, I have to the 2 loop functions, but still dont really know how to get the most out of them. I think 2 CDJ 800's would be easier for me to work with, plus I can scratch the way I want to. If you have some tips on the CDN 88 let me know or a CD that you made using them hit me back. Theres no other DJ's in my area that I can share any info with so you guys are all I have. Peace

cprince09

Mr. Parker
Digital is the way to go

I purchased the cdj 1k's and i know a buddy of mine that has the Nurmark setup. both are hot, it jus depends on what you like to do. i like to scratch so i went the pioneeer route. those Numarks are jus as hot. Do YOu