• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Gettig rid of the tables

Fransu_Moua

I would stick with the turntables and just upgrade up. I have Technics SL-DZ 1200 and i'm actually planning on getting rid of them. I want to get a set up technic tables and run the serato system. Unless you really want to switch over to cd's i'll stick with the tables and get serato.

dj fury

I really don't see what the debate is here... I mean, if you are all about vinyl, and you cop Serato... you're still using vinyl, so what? I can't imagine djing with out my SSL now. Cusomized playlists, create crates on the fly and toss records into them instantly, and carry more music then you ever could with vinyl records. What would be the arguement against using it? Oh and there is no sound latency, you can scratch just like you would, there is no seperate hard interface to get used to, and the sound is fantastic.

and no... I don't work for Rane lol

Mike

Dj Fatigue

If your a hip hop dj you gotta stick with the wax but if your doin techno stuff like mixes then go for the cdj's.....p.s dont hesitate to send me your old records LOL

FEWED

Well I must say Records are what being a real hiphop,R&B and Reggae is all about. CD DJ"s???? Please yall.. How funny that must look @ a HipHop show!! I think you get way more love and respect for the game if you use all wax. Anybody can press a cd player switch on or off go or stop. But can just Anybody dj wit records? You tell me?? It takes the fun out the game for real I think..... Holla!! Upstate Vibe Ent. DJ 808 & Freddy-P 1-315-722-3359 One...................

strongly agreed.

DJSTIKKMAN

Yea i can agree with u on that one.

nah...i agree wit dj...........but also ..i know some peeps that use cdj's like my man bigz........he's doing his thang...he aint no fake dj............these new cd players are just like vinyl...u gotta have skillz, wit them..........
But you know who i really hate,,,,,,and i hope i dont offend anyone..........

Is them so...called dj's that post up shop wit a laptop......."pcdj shit".....it matches bpm's and mixes for them.........and .......so what its madd convenient..........
Fuck em.............think i wasted years to learn the art of djaying....so some bitch ass,,,,can post up wit his computer.....

Sao,,,,,,,turntables and cdj's are still good to go......
Pcdj...get outta here.............

energ666

ditched the 1210s for cdj1000s about 3-4 years ago, never looking back.. they have every capability of the tables and more, better sound quality and more tracks available.

ImTheDJ

DJ CRANK
7 years later, By the way I still have my 1210s and still using the same CDJs, the only thing that has changed is the mixers, running a 57Sl with video now.

ImTheDJ

DJ CRANK
Serato pics, setup etc

Here is my setup pics, I attached my 1200s so that yall know I didnt get rid of them, I still have them. I have been using the same tables for 15 years, been using the same CDJs since 2005.

DjTito

Tu Socio
Here is my setup pics, I attached my 1200s so that yall know I didnt get rid of them, I still have them. I have been using the same tables for 15 years, been using the same CDJs since 2005.
Cant see the new picture, but seeing as I just finished replacing the RCA and PC Board from my Technics, im finally thinking bout going 100% digital. While I do love me some vinyl and would never sell my turntables, it's about time to freshen things up a bit. Also with digital, the costs for maintaining is alot less. Im thinking about coppin a new cd setup or just picking up an NS7 to use for gigs, and leave the tables at home since they are more fragile and require frequent maintenance. I just bought 2 new SHURE stylus, 2 new RCA w/PC Board replacements, and 2 new Serato vinyl control records. Easily over $100 in parts to include the labor if you cant do it yourself. Technics 1200's last a long time, but you do have to give them their frequent tuneups/cleaning $$$ to keep them in flawless djing conditions.

djmistayung205

^^^

yessir real talk right there

I just got back in the Technics world about 5 months ago. I made the digital conversion to CDJ-1000's. Nothing like the natural feel of turntables but the maintenance is a bigger issue than with a controller, CDJ, etc.

Been using my same CDJ-1000 since around 2003, bought another mkII around 2005...no problems whatsoever (knock on wood)

Also turntables make you look like a BOSS at certain events! Will always keep me a set or two from now on just for the flexibility if nothing else.

Last edited:

ImTheDJ

DJ CRANK
Cant see the new picture, but seeing as I just finished replacing the RCA and PC Board from my Technics, im finally thinking bout going 100% digital. While I do love me some vinyl and would never sell my turntables, it's about time to freshen things up a bit. Also with digital, the costs for maintaining is alot less. Im thinking about coppin a new cd setup or just picking up an NS7 to use for gigs, and leave the tables at home since they are more fragile and require frequent maintenance. I just bought 2 new SHURE stylus, 2 new RCA w/PC Board replacements, and 2 new Serato vinyl control records. Easily over $100 in parts to include the labor if you cant do it yourself. Technics 1200's last a long time, but you do have to give them their frequent tuneups/cleaning $$$ to keep them in flawless djing conditions.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I am sure my turntables need a good tuneup and cleaning. One of the RCA cords is jacked on mine so it doesnt work with serato well.