• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

How Much Is Your Setup Woth?

How much is your setup worth?

• $1000-5000

Votes: 52 50.5%
  • 5000-10000

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • 10000-15000

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • 15000-20000

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • 20000-25000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25000-30000, if yours is woth more than this then DANG!

Votes: 10 9.7%

• Total voters

MiamiHustler

DJ TARIQUE
I respect the gear you all do have but I wouldn't want to look like a professional wedding singer.. with a dual cd player... Ya Dig?

DJ CraziAce

AKA The Crunk Speciali$t
Homes you need to learn to read.. I only use CDs when a client brings them. Otherwise it's all timecoded vinyl or DAC3.

Tell you what, when you start doing the big events we do that start @ 1000 an hour, then you can tell me how to run this game. Until then, focus on your own business, dig?

MiamiHustler

DJ TARIQUE
All the pics I saw didn't have a turntable in it! Either thats not your setup or its not your setup.. i really don't care about the events you do and the equipment you have doesn't matter to me.. I have equipment also & do plenty major events including tjsdjs in Miami along with Core Retreat plus more.

DJ CraziAce

AKA The Crunk Speciali$t
I have 8 DJs in the company... the ones you saw are usually events I DJed at. I'm a VDJ user with a DAC3 for videos and Serato for music. Just because I didn't snap a pic of it don't mean it's not there.

I love how haters with no real website like to dog on those that are pullin' papers.

fliphouse

The price of equipment does not make the dj. I roll with two TT200's, Vestax PMC and intel laptop with Serato. Total cost, about 2K. Most of the clubs I work have their own sound and avarage door take for me is 2K / Night at least twice a month so I think I am okay. I had thought of expanding but the thought of all that equipment, labor, insurance and storage was basically frightening. When a big gig comes around e.g concert or corp/school even, I simply pay a local crew about $ 1800-2400 and they have to deal with all the hassle that comes with set up and travel. I simply walk in and plug my mixer audio out to the sound and do what I do best.
The way I see it unless I can guarantee massive gigs like some who have been doing this for a while then I can do without it.

I suggest anyone willing to take that step think about it very seriously before dropping serious change on equipment. The money is there to be made but there are many firmly established companies in most major cities and this being a referral business mostly, you will need to break in first, probably charge much less initially before you get that big break.

fliphouse

It makes me wonder, with some of the sums of money being dropped on equipment, why some of you heavy hitters come to tjs to get free music. With so much invested in equipment I would think for the sake of efficiency one might just pay for record pools and concentrate on running the business side of things.

oaxeman

DjMisterMark
It makes me wonder, with some of the sums of money being dropped on equipment, why some of you heavy hitters come to tjs to get free music. With so much invested in equipment I would think for the sake of efficiency one might just pay for record pools and concentrate on running the business side of things.
Exactly bro...well said