• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

How would you respond if a DJ went after you, and....

DJ Richy

^^What He Said^^

I come in counter with some folks like that, but I would care less. I just do my thang and let the crowd react with hands in the air and body movement like they usually do.

Misterdje

Misterdje
you straight got played!!!! first don't let cats jack yo set especially when it's yo equipment!! Bring dey own if they wanted to be on. You get yo loot and bounce!! Real friends don't pull ish like that dude was fake from the start dog!!!!

DJ RED

DJ Godfather
da blur said:
ok killer
sure youre name aint jason or freddy?>
after that, u set them on fire and roast marshmallows over them and make u some good ol' smores and some for when the cops come and pick you up. :)

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
Misterdje said:
you straight got played!!!! first don't let cats jack yo set especially when it's yo equipment!! Bring dey own if they wanted to be on. You get yo loot and bounce!! Real friends don't pull ish like that dude was fake from the start dog!!!!
I guess you missed the part where I said it was THEIR equipment. They were paid for the equipment, and I was paid to DJ. At first, he just wanted me to do just a set, but he told me he wanted me to do most of it, and that him and one of his boys would do a set.

R-Tistic said:
I guess you missed the part where I said it was THEIR equipment. They were paid for the equipment, and I was paid to DJ. At first, he just wanted me to do just a set, but he told me he wanted me to do most of it, and that him and one of his boys would do a set.
You already know how I feel about this...you should had whipped his ass

Diamond Dog

NNY's Truth
I think that it was shock when you first heard dude on the mic screamin about a real DJ. I probably woulda handled it the same way you did. Still, dude coulda spoke to you from the get-go and let you know what he was doin. Plus, if you gonna be pointin fingers....dude shoulda called out the cat he was talkin to instead of leavin YOU wondering WTF.

Like someone said above, you can tactfully tell a MF off, but these guys could have tactfully showed you some respect, too. I think it worked out OK, but I sure wouldn't trust these dudes just cuz the shit they do is pretty shady. And if they didn't directly call the guy out who was in the crowd, then maybe they were scared of HIM for some reason.

You just do what you do....and as a DJ, sets speak louder than words. Someone got shit to say, just kill the set and shut em up.

Tu~KindZ'

..The Villain..
Big egos, big egos...That's some stupid shit, you ignore these things, go into the crowd game some chicks, vib on the dance floor wit em.
Who cares what the dude is saying, if you're too busy running game.

DjTito

Tu Socio
Number 2

I have had hatin ass Latino Djs that were outside of their element playing Reggaeton and Hiphop trying to do this shit to me once or twice when I first moved to the DC area ..

Here was my approach, I took the fucking mic into VIP and parlayed and took pictures with all their bitches while they thought they were putting in work.

After they djed for FREE trying to show off breaking a sweat, I just got back on like aint shit happen and started working the crowd in a manner that they could never have done.

Overall outcome, RESPECT FROM THESE BITCH ASS DJS THAT BE HATING and them sticking their fucking gay tales up their ass!

Djs aint supposed to hate on each other, I dont know but even though Battles have always existed in Djing their is a difference between HATING and WANTING TO COMPETE because you know your better.

DJ WataBoy

The International DJ
I would do nothing.. a good DJ wants to look professional at all times... anyways thats why my boyz get in all my sht free.. they not DJs..lol!

D.J. Flake

DJ WataBoy said:
I would do nothing.. a good DJ wants to look professional at all times... anyways thats why my boyz get in all my sht free.. they not DJs..lol!
I agree with DJ WataBoy. I would have got back on the set and let the crowd know that I was back on. Then let your work speak for itself. :cool:

DJ Tecniq

D.J. Flake said:
I agree with DJ WataBoy. I would have got back on the set and let the crowd know that I was back on. Then let your work speak for itself. :cool:
Agreed and well said, you become the bigger person and rock your set and let your skills do the talking, scratch it up or whatever u do just make sure your on point & play flawlessly like a real dj should. He's got alot of arrogance to say that on the mic or when u get back on u should of said "jokingly" "I dunno what this cat's on but I'm the realest dj in here lol....and just giggle then look at him w/a death stare..LOL

Ps. If anything I would of confronted him at the end of the night and asked "yo man why'd u say that on the mic that wasn't cool & your set was ass..lol

Last edited:

Diamond Dog

NNY's Truth
DjTito said:
Djs aint supposed to hate on each other, I dont know but even though Battles have always existed in Djing their is a difference between HATING and WANTING TO COMPETE because you know your better.
Well put!!! Battles have always been a way of showing your skillz. But, at the end of the day, there was always a mutual respect between the competitors.