• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

I need help with purchasing a new keyboard.

Kaijin

Producer.
So I've been using the Roland SH-201 for the past two years on Windows XP and all was well. Well, I finally purchased a much needed new computer, upping my RAM from 1gb to 8gb. The catch - it's Windows Vista. 64-bit, at that. I went to the Roland website and they only have drivers up to the 32-bit Vista, with no intention of making one for the 64-bit......bullshit, no? So basically my keyboard wont be accepted now and thus I cannot use it....I'm so pissed...I've been researching all night and can't seem to get it working on a 64-bit system.

So, my thought was to just buy another keyboard...gonna be a waste of money but I need a keyboard...I'm thinking my limit is gonna have to be $400 for a new one...and I'm sure nothing that cheap will work unless its made solely for the 64-bit.......but anyway I'm asking if anybody knows of a way to fix the above problem or if they known of a keyboard that is compatible for $400 or less.

Thanks,
- Kaij

da blur

ProfessionalEntertainment
you could try run winxp 32 bit inside your 64bit vista with a virtual machine to record your piano.. and then export that and bring it into your 64bit with flash drive or somthin... idk if it would lag any

Kaijin

Producer.
I actually tried using a virtual system and it did like you said - but I need it to work on my actual host system. So, I went to guitar center and asked them what was compatible with 64-bit and I found a decent controller for only $300. Not bad. Thanks for the help though =D

davis_352

Liquid Citi soldier
So I've been using the Roland SH-201 for the past two years on Windows XP and all was well. Well, I finally purchased a much needed new computer, upping my RAM from 1gb to 8gb. The catch - it's Windows Vista. 64-bit, at that. I went to the Roland website and they only have drivers up to the 32-bit Vista, with no intention of making one for the 64-bit......bullshit, no? So basically my keyboard wont be accepted now and thus I cannot use it....I'm so pissed...I've been researching all night and can't seem to get it working on a 64-bit system.

So, my thought was to just buy another keyboard...gonna be a waste of money but I need a keyboard...I'm thinking my limit is gonna have to be $400 for a new one...and I'm sure nothing that cheap will work unless its made solely for the 64-bit.......but anyway I'm asking if anybody knows of a way to fix the above problem or if they known of a keyboard that is compatible for $400 or less.

Thanks,
- Kaij
you wanna keep it under 400? there's an i pod touch out there, i forget the name.. i'll get it for you tomorrow, but its got all kinds of shit on it. my boy uses a korg triton and likes the ipod better..