• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

ID3 tags for the tracks on my Mixtape

MistaChin

Hey fam,

I've completed my first mix cd but i'd like to fix the tags so that the song names will be displayed on the screen of the cd player.

To get smooth playback without the millisecond gap, i made my tracks WAV files. But now it's come to my understanding that you can't change any tags on WAV files....so how can i go about making the song names display?

Thanks for the help!

I've searched the forums and found a thread that explains doing it with CD Architect. But i dont have that program......any other ones out there?

Last edited:

da blur

ProfessionalEntertainment
No you can't tag WAVs :(

make it 320 MP3 and Try a tag editor such as TheGodFather or you can manually edit your tags for your tracks in Winamp by right clicking a song>view file info
or simply (alt+f3) and then editi them..

Dont think it will read tags if you burn it as a CDA cd in most standard CD players (although I seen some kid with a CD player that did) like an offical CD that you buy in a store [they got some kinda special shit]

it only works if you burn it as a MP3 Disk...and your player can play MP3 disks.

I know you want a WAV so theres not 1ms gap in front of the song for an uncompressed /lossless and seamless blend but I don't think theres any other way.
=========================

Maybe if you make it mp3 and edit the tags...
then go back (edit it to the exact stating point) and save as or convert to a WAV it will keep those new tags?

Last edited:

frc1

dJ Fierce!
K Dub said:
Nero is all you need
yeah use nero and check the "no pause between songs" box and then just edit the titles there. they'll show up. no need to convert to mp3.

Diamond Dog

NNY's Truth
frc1 said:
yeah use nero and check the "no pause between songs" box and then just edit the titles there. they'll show up. no need to convert to mp3.
Beat me to it....this is what I do. One mix recorded in wav format....seperate the tracks in Nero....and then edit the titles yourself from within Nero. Eevery time the track changes on the cd player, the new title will show up, however you tagged it in Nero.

da blur

ProfessionalEntertainment
well depends what CD player you are using
i didnt think Nero worked on most of em

also if you do it in nero the tags are not permanent to the file and only for that one CD you make.

MistaChin

Yeah it's totally cool, i'd only want the tags for the CD anyway. Otherwise i'll just put the mp3 versions for download.

Thanks blur

djmistayung205

Diamond Dog said:
Beat me to it....this is what I do. One mix recorded in wav format....seperate the tracks in Nero....and then edit the titles yourself from within Nero. Eevery time the track changes on the cd player, the new title will show up, however you tagged it in Nero.
that's a yepper...

there are a few ways to do it depending on what software you use, but the way I do it is take a mastered wav file, merge and batch in CEP, output to wave, drag those files to nero, then rename each one

keep that master and every disc you copy from there will have the info

even if I drag the mp3's and click no pause between tracks I still get a pretty clean transition...the only thing that might happen is a slight, barely noticeable click on the first 5 or 6 transitions but then it evens out