• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Jerkin for dummies.....

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
Since "You're a jerk" is one of the main songs out right now, I'll drop a bit of info on the whole Jerkin scene goin on in L.A. right now.

The youngsters here have been doin the dance itself for around 2 years, but didn't start makin songs until late last year. They've been wearin that 80's style for just as long, it's just gotten worst and worst as far as the colors and tightness of the jeans.

It's a million damm jerkin songs, and almost all of them are on Digitaldripped. Some of the main issues are the low quality of the songs, and that they are makin WAY TOO MANY of them and it'll always say (Jerkin song) next to it...and that a lot of them are VERY explicit, which sounds even worst when it's lil 14 yr old girls like Vixen Ent. and Pink Dollaz. Some of them sound kinda cute, Airess Ent. sounds like a 09 version of JJ Fad.

A lot of the kids here are tired of "You're a jerk" since it was the first to break through, and it's a lot more that they prefer now...some of them would work as regular club songs nationwide, but most will remain extra local. Some songs weren't made to be jerkin songs, but they work just as great because of the vibe to it. They didn't start makin jerkin songs til late last year...so before that, the main songs they did it to were D4L/Fabo + Jeezy "Scotty" a.k.a. Geeked up....Gucci Mane "Pillz"....Problem "I'm fucked up"/"I'm toe up"....Khia "K-Wang" (Old 2002 Tampa Bay song)....Turf Talk "Groupie"....3 Deep/Trill Fam "Watch my shoes"....Too Short "Burn rubber"....Wolfpack/The Pack "Booty bounce bopper" and "Lite dat shit"

Most of it sounds like 50% Bay, 30% Tampa Bay, and 20% South influenced...doesn't sound remotely close to 90's G-Funk or anything else we've had.

As for the songs that are definitely "Jerkin songs," here are some of the "better" or main ones...

Cold Flamez - "Kiss me miss me"
Tay F. 3rd - "iJerk" (or "iSmoke iDrink iJerk"), "Eastside step"
Pink Dollaz - "Never hungry" "Lap dance" "I'm tasty"
Vixen Ent. - "Toot my shit" "iNeed" "Bust me a nut" "Fool on a dick"
Airess Ent - "I can do it all" "Billy" "I fucks it up" "White leather"
D-Lo - "No hoe" "No hoe remix (ft. E-40)" - This is a Bay song that came out before Jerkin, but got big along with the other typical Jerkin songs
E-40 ft. Too Short "Sliding down the pole" - Bay of course and wasn't made for Jerkin, but they love it like it was
Audio Push - "Teach me how to jerk"
Naygunz - "I eat the pussy" (Came out last year and they are from N.Y. or somethin, but it sounds just like a regular Jerkin song)
Go Go Power Rangers (may be listed under YG or YG Pushaz) - "Tippin on my dick"
Young Curt - "This beat hit" (another Bay made Jerk song)
Mann the Jerk - "Jerkin" (came out last year, produced by J.R. and is seen as an 'official' or polished Jerk song, but never got much love)
Pheo - "Hot chick"
YG - "Head on the highway" "She badd"
Ghost - "Sonic boom" (yes...it really does sample what you might think it did)
YG - "Go dumb"
Jaye Cooley - "I'm a groupie"

It's more songs than that on the site...it's literally 200+ that you can find, but most of them sound similar...only a few of them really stand out like that. Most of the rappers just do their best Wayne on autocoke impersonation. The main producer in the "movement" is J-Hawk...young dude from Hamilton High. He has a mixtape out there called "Jerkin with J-Hawk" - http://www.thisis50.com/group/demos/forum/topics/jerkin-with-jhawk-mixtape-free

kaos456

ive never heard of "Jerkin" before. i guess it hasnt mad its way over here yet.
thanks for educating me on it. lol!

kaos456

ok... i youtubed it & seen the New Boyz song. they have had the track & video in my record pool & i was sleeping on it. it looks like a nice movement outta LA. when u think of LA u tend to think about gangs & ish so thats a nice look. i wouldnt mind having a little set of "jerk music" if u can post a few HQ tracks, that would be nice. im def gonna spin the New Boyz track @ my thursday night gig. its a young crowd people in there early 20's so it should bang. thanks again for puttin me on to something new.

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
Looks like a few of these songs are startin to make noise, and a few major artists are hoppin on the tracks...Kurupt and DJ Quik got a new song called "Bees to the honey" that has a slight Jerkni feel, and Kurupt + Problem got one called "I'm burnt." Bow Wow, Webstar, and a few others have hopped on "You're a jerk" as well.

kaos456

yea fam as soon as you posted this that new boyz song broke over here. ive been playin the version with DJ Webstar.

hballer_22

haha man the jerkin is crazy here too thats all they ask for so i go with the
remix ft dorrough since you know ice cream paint job is hot too

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
yea fam as soon as you posted this that new boyz song broke over here. ive been playin the version with DJ Webstar.
LOL damm that's crazy, it always takes these kinda songs a while to get out there. That's a good look though

dj_lalo

yo jerkin is huge in japan right now..R-Tistic thanks for hookin it up with some more music man..this gets the crowd hyped for sure

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
yo jerkin is huge in japan right now..R-Tistic thanks for hookin it up with some more music man..this gets the crowd hyped for sure
Damn, it's like that? No problem, the youngsters in L.A. are eatin it up. They don't even wanna hear half the songs on radio anymore, they are just goin for these tracks

djunity

Bum Squad
yeah thanks for educating me and giving some background to it all...I guess jerkin to the kids out there is about like the kids here doing all the lil dances...kids will be kids and they want to dance...its a beautiful thang.