• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Logic Pro 8

Shadik

Hey, sup everybody.

I have always been a keyboard dude.

First keyboard being the Ensoniq ESQ 1.

Then from that point latter days it was the Roland Xp80 and an Akai.

As years would go buy it was always important for me to have a Roland and MPC of some sort.

Workstations were neccessary.

But this time around after getting my Fantom x6 stolen by some musicians that seem to be pretty fond of me.

I got Logic Pro.

See i was talking to Ken Lewis (Engineer for Kanye West)
http://www.protoolsmixing.com/
By the way he's is one of the greats when it comes to mixing down music.
He tells me yea, aye you know what?
Majority of the stuff from Kanye's first album.
Them samples were replayed.
I did majority of the stuff all in Logic Pro.
He said that Logic is a beast.
Hey, this dude Ken Lewis, he's a big dude.
Who's always kept it real.

So i got that Logic Pro.
At first it seemed kind of weird being able to see the notations of every note on screen. I mean i know i'm a composer but i felt like Mozart. lol

It is so interesting, how in logic, you can tune any and every instrument to whatever tone or frequency you like.

I haven't even gotten into depth with thang but i'm really loving it.

I was just curious on how much you know about this extraordinary program and some of it's features.

I now do everything through 1 program with a huge selection of plug ins and effects.

Have you worked with Logic Pro?

Do you have it available to work with?

What are some of the good and bad things you heard about it?

Last edited:

R. Pizano

DJ/Producer- 408 Bay Area
That's sick to hear that he did his album usin logic. I too just recently picked up Logic about a month ago - im loving it, and am getting familair with it. Imma be takin a logic class this semester in college - If i get pdf files or some ish that we learn, I can always send it ur way. But i'd suggest picking up a book, which is wha imma do. I cant say i know too much, jus know how to do simple midi stuff, and add an arpeggiator.

Shadik

R. Pizano said:
That's sick to hear that he did his album usin logic. I too just recently picked up Logic about a month ago - im loving it, and am getting familair with it. Imma be takin a logic class this semester in college - If i get pdf files or some ish that we learn, I can always send it ur way. But i'd suggest picking up a book, which is wha imma do. I cant say i know too much, jus know how to do simple midi stuff, and add an arpeggiator.
Yea, shoot i don't know nothing about arpeggiator unless that's just putting a delay on instruments. I'm not sure. I know a couple cats in the industry that fuck wit logic hard. They ain't gave me no tips though. Oh, well.

I'd like to hear what you make on it.

Shadik

R. Pizano

DJ/Producer- 408 Bay Area
sorry for very late response. Right now after getting used to it more, i really do like Logic. I think the sounds sound weak by themselves, but layered u can make some dope ish. As for the arpeggiator - let me send u the link http://www.logic-cafe.com/Article_View.asp?ID=43. Shows u how to do it - step by step.

But yea, Logic is suppose to be the new big dog in the industry. I def like its sound better than pro-tools. I really am not a fan of how pro-tools sounds (some may argue that programs dont have specific sound/feel to the tracks that come out of it - but i beg to differ). But, Yea, I'll try to update this thread with new stuff i learn - hopefully you can do the same, help each other out.