• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Looking to buy a mixer for FL studio.

DJ Master O

www.myflowbeats.com
What studio desk setup should I get for my studio???

I need help to figure out what setup I should get. I came across two studio desks that I liked very much. Basically what I want is my instrument keyboard in front along with my monitors, computer keyboard, etc, etc...Studio desk #1 has this setup which I like. But it doesn't have space to put a mixer which studio desk #2 has. Studio desk #2 is more of a mixing setup. It doesn't look like I can put my keyboard in front or below the console.

I will be making beats and would also like to mix. I use FL studio and will get digidesign with protools. I notice digidesign is a mixer?? Any ideas or advice??? My setup now I have my keyboard on the side. I rather have it in front of me like shown in the studio desk #1.

Studio desk #1 -----> http://www.sweetwater.com/store/closeup/Dual15K-803--Main

Studio desk #2 -----> http://www.sweetwater.com/store/closeup/MCDesk--Main

Last edited:

DjTito

Tu Socio
Well if you are going to be focusing more on beatmaking and producing, the 1st setup.
The second one is good if you plan on using it more as a mixing station would also mean that youd have to get a mixer big enough to fit the space in between.

Id go with the first setup because of the space for keyboard and the rackmounts. You said youre getting protools, are you getting a Digi003 Rack or Console? The desk would be overkill if you were simply shooting for an mbox, but if you did get an 02 or 03 Rack or Console, you have space to setup nicely. You can either use the RU space for the Rack or sit a console on either side. The size looks like a digi console/command 8/mackie Universal Control/MAudio ProjectMix would fit just right.

Either way if you can afford the desk, make sure the equipment your putting in it is just as worthy. Otherwise get a cheaper desk and spend more money on quality equipment.

b4st0s

can You tell what mixer Nesty is using that's in front just below of the two monitors???
Looks like a Yamaha digital recorder...can't tell, but looks O2R'ish...outdated. In this day and age of computer recording (Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase) you don't need that. You're getting a 003 console anyway. It will be your mixer.

DJ Master O

www.myflowbeats.com
Looks like a Yamaha digital recorder...can't tell, but looks O2R'ish...outdated. In this day and age of computer recording (Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase) you don't need that. You're getting a 003 console anyway. It will be your mixer.
Ok...Thanks! the 003 console is good with FL studio???