• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Name a classic album that the world truly slept on?

Shadik

I was thinking, there comes a time where you fall in love with cd that was just everything to you and you just knew it was going to do well. You just knew it was the next big thang out. Thought 3 months down the line that everybody was going to bump it. As time took it's place. You realize. This thang ain't really went nowhere. That's some bullshit. You go around playing it still in hopes that it would catch on and nothing happens. It's still one of your favorite cd's and maybe at this point you realize their was no hope or maybe at this point everybody loves it but now it's just too late. This rapper's deal had came and went. Please show respect to this legend that didn't get the recognition your heart felt he earned.

Explain why you think he didn't make it in your own opinon now, looking back.

DJ MIXED UP

I dont really keep up with Hip Hop reviews so I dont really know how slept on the Hip Hop albums that I like were.

But as far as Reggae goes, "Prisoner" by Lucky Dube was not only slept on but criticized by much of the Reggae community. In my eyes, it is one of the best Reggae albums ever and continues to be one of my favorite albums. Lucky Dube always displayed emotions in his lyrics, but with "Prisoner", I felt like you could really really not only understand but feel what Lucky was talking about. Some disregard him as a Peter Tosh ripoff, but I'd take Lucky over Peter Tosh anyday.

R.I.P. Dube (Props To Nas For Droppin Lucky's Name)

DjTito

Tu Socio
Shadik said:
I was thinking, there comes a time where you fall in love with cd that was just everything to you and you just knew it was going to do well. You just knew it was the next big thang out. Thought 3 months down the line that everybody was going to bump it. As time took it's place. You realize. This thang ain't really went nowhere. That's some bullshit. You go around playing it still in hopes that it would catch on and nothing happens. It's still one of your favorite cd's and maybe at this point you realize their was no hope or maybe at this point everybody loves it but now it's just too late. This rapper's deal had came and went. Please show respect to this legend that didn't get the recognition your heart felt he earned.

Explain why you think he didn't make it in your own opinon now, looking back.
I can name 2 right off the back.. MethodMan's 421 and Redman's Red Gone Wild....Both had some HOT HOT tracks that didnt go anywhere??????????
The funny shit is that the few times I did play shit like Got To Have It, or Fuck Youuu Fuck Youuu Fuck Youuu and Fuck Youuuuuu w/ODB people were definitely feeling it. I think it aint about GOOD MUSIC ANYMORE to alot of people!! You got too many Materialistic mofuckas who think the quick dollar is worth more than the hard earned and deserved one. Thats why you dont see as many anthems or well crafted songs that become classics or everlasting anymore. Real talk, there is alot of shit that has come and gone in the recent years that will never ever ever ever see a turntable or cd player once their time has passed.

dj benihana

juiCy rNb ... Ó
1998's Gangstarr - "Moment Of Truth"

Preemo's production is pretty much phenomenal.

Guru flexes lyrical dexterity that rivals Rakim's mightiest metaphors.

"Heed the words; it's like ghetto style proverbs
The righteous pay a sacrifice to get what they deserve..."

da blur

ProfessionalEntertainment
There's pretty much too many to name, and it's a personal opinion because people like different albums..

but I was thinkin about that recently too, and even the newer albums that are really sell good
3 months later people just forget about it and jump on the next big thing.

Go back and listen to Busta Rhymes - Big Bang theory...(not that old but good example)

Or go back and revisit some classic 90s shit. It makes todays #1 sound like a joke!

Last edited:

DJ MIXED UP

dj benihana said:
1998's Gangstarr - "Moment Of Truth"

Preemo's production is pretty much phenomenal.

Guru flexes lyrical dexterity that rivals Rakim's mightiest metaphors.

"Heed the words; it's like ghetto style proverbs
The righteous pay a sacrifice to get what they deserve..."

Slept On? Dont people say that thats one of the best Hip Hop albums ever?

Shadik

DJ MIXED UP said:
I dont really keep up with Hip Hop reviews so I dont really know how slept on the Hip Hop albums that I like were.

But as far as Reggae goes, "Prisoner" by Lucky Dube was not only slept on but criticized by much of the Reggae community. In my eyes, it is one of the best Reggae albums ever and continues to be one of my favorite albums. Lucky Dube always displayed emotions in his lyrics, but with "Prisoner", I felt like you could really really not only understand but feel what Lucky was talking about. Some disregard him as a Peter Tosh ripoff, but I'd take Lucky over Peter Tosh anyday.

R.I.P. Dube (Props To Nas For Droppin Lucky's Name)
i gotta check dude out.

Shadik

DjTito said:
I can name 2 right off the back.. MethodMan's 421 and Redman's Red Gone Wild....Both had some HOT HOT tracks that didnt go anywhere??????????
The funny shit is that the few times I did play shit like Got To Have It, or Fuck Youuu Fuck Youuu Fuck Youuu and Fuck Youuuuuu w/ODB people were definitely feeling it. I think it aint about GOOD MUSIC ANYMORE to alot of people!! You got too many Materialistic mofuckas who think the quick dollar is worth more than the hard earned and deserved one. Thats why you dont see as many anthems or well crafted songs that become classics or everlasting anymore. Real talk, there is alot of shit that has come and gone in the recent years that will never ever ever ever see a turntable or cd player once their time has passed.

Oooooh yeah!! "Got have it" is the shit. Erik Sermon right? Whew!!!!!
Yea, i agree.

djtwenty20

lizzen 2 this track bitch
this is all well & good but Producer Q & A? Not even. Chairman of the Board TJ sets up this forum for discussion about music production - at least we can honor his intention and not introduce these frivolous off-topic threads to the forum. This thread is general chitchat, not Producer Q & A.

Shadik

Aye, I really liked that "Cool Breeze" album.

Entitled "The east point's greatest hits"

That's my sleeper.

The production was decent.

Song's like "Butta" "Creatine" "Black Gangsta"

I think they only thing that went wrong with his album was that song "Watch for the hook"

It was real comercial.

Maybe also that the album wasn't mastered by (like all the other Dungeon family album's) Bernie Grundman or Big Bass Brian.

It just missed the fans by inches.

I was krank'n it up though.

That's my album.

Last edited:

SkinnyT321

outkast - aquemini dont get as much props as it should this was their last album they came out wit that i fuck wit.....they were rappin on a whole nother level then the shit that was comin from da south at the time an the production was original as fuck certified classic right here

XQUIZ

Flownan The Barbarian
Ray Cash - Cash On Delivery

maybe not a CLASSIC but it had some classic shit on it. bad promotion though

XQUIZ

Flownan The Barbarian
Ray Cash - Cash On Delivery

maybe not a CLASSIC but it had some classic shit on it. bad promotion though

DjTito

Tu Socio
Shadik said:
Aye, I really liked that "Cool Breeze" album.

Entitled "The east point's greatest hits"

That's my sleeper.

The production was decent.

Song's like "Butta" "Creatine" "Black Gangsta"

I think they only thing that went wrong with his album was that song "Watch for the hook"

It was real comercial.

Maybe also that the album wasn't mastered by (like all the other Dungeon family album's) Bernie Grundman or Big Bass Brian.

It just missed the fans by inches.

I was krank'n it up though.

That's my album.
Yeaa Creatine was the shit.:D All that stuff coming from Outkast Affiliates during that time was HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! That's MUSIC!!!

DJ Rayl

Alright yall, you might not think that people slept on it, buttt, I fell in love with "Food & Liquor" by Lupe fiasco, but he barely went gold. None of my friends heard any of the songs besides "Kick, Push", but every song on that album was phenomenal. I thought it woulda gone platinum in no time.