• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Need help with digidesign 003 console

DJ Master O

www.myflowbeats.com
I am trying to connect two keyboards to the console. I think I am not connecting them right. I connect one keyboard use Midi OUT to Midi In of the console. Then Midi In (keyboard) to Midi out (console)

Then I connect Audio L (keyboard) to DI 1 (console) - Audio R (Keyboard) to DI 2 (console). I don't hear the sounds from the Motif XS8. The right speaker is connected to Monitors L (MAIN) of the console. Now is this connection right. Yes I read the manual and this how it's telling me to connect. I guess I'm not pushing the correct buttons on the console. I turned up the monitors knob.

Need help...

Thanks!!!

ChanEpic

I am trying to connect two keyboards to the console. I think I am not connecting them right. I connect one keyboard use Midi OUT to Midi In of the console. Then Midi In (keyboard) to Midi out (console)

Then I connect Audio L (keyboard) to DI 1 (console) - Audio R (Keyboard) to DI 2 (console). I don't hear the sounds from the Motif XS8. The right speaker is connected to Monitors L (MAIN) of the console. Now is this connection right. Yes I read the manual and this how it's telling me to connect. I guess I'm not pushing the correct buttons on the console. I turned up the monitors knob.

Need help...

Thanks!!!
This is kind of hard to understand. Are you trying to record midi or just hear the keyboards? If you want to just hear the keyboards, all you need to do is take the audio outs from the keyboards to the audio ins on the 003(just like it was a mic, guitar, bass guitar etc...) In that configuration you do not need the midi cables at all just hook up the audio outs on the keys to the audio ins on the 003 and it's a wrap. If you want to record midi to the keyboard from the 003 or vice versa, then you need midi cables. Reply with what you need to accomplish specifically and we can address it then.

DJ Master O

www.myflowbeats.com
I want to the record. But I figured it out. There is no way to record audio from the keyboards without needing to record the sounds to the FL mixer? If there is a way it saves me a lot of time recording each sound (melody).