• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Questions on building my studio and advices needed.

DJ Master O

www.myflowbeats.com
I am looking to build my studio later this year. First off, I was thinking of buying a house and creating the studio in the basement. My question is should I rather rent a space somewhere in my area - create my studio there or buy a house now - knowing that it's a great time to buy a house??? I know renting a space somewhere would cost money and I don't have clients yet to pay the leaso or rent each month. Me personally I would like to buy a house and do it there. Now my concern is if I take the house route then if I want to make business with artists - like do vocals for them or lay down tracks. Basically allowing them to use my studio for a fee. Do you think that is safe to do that?? I will have people coming to my house where my studio is at. I will be living at the house I am going to buy. If I rent a space then I wouldn't have to worry about that because it's just like every other business. What are your thoughts and advice...Any experience please share!!

Thanks!!!

BlowGaz

Do you wanna buy on rates or by cash? Don´t rent a space for your studio its to unsecure if you are leavin area.

dj rebel

Washingtons #1 Latin DJ
if you don't have any clients yet then i suggest that you build the studio in a house. typically basements have their own door so u don't got to worry about peeps going in through your actual house...plus it might take time to get clients which will maybe later put a burden on your income since the studio will not be used so often.

plus the you get the comfort of knowing that your equipment is safe..i've heard many stories of studios getting broken into.

like i stated build it first in your house then relocate to a safe area when you start seeing a monthly profit for the studio rental

DJ Master O

www.myflowbeats.com
I found this link for studio desks. What you think??? Anybody know other websites??? What hardware mixer is good with FL studio 8????

b4st0s

For desks check out Middle Atlantic, Argosy or even Quiklok.

What do you need the mixer for? To get multiple channels in? To control/adjust channel levels? Just for looks?

DJ Master O

www.myflowbeats.com
Basically as you said in the other thread the 003 console would be just fine??? Basically to controls the levels in Fl studio using my hands instead of the mouse...But since I am getting protools might as well the 003 console???

b4st0s

Basically as you said in the other thread the 003 console would be just fine??? Basically to controls the levels in Fl studio using my hands instead of the mouse...But since I am getting protools might as well the 003 console???
The only way you can get and use protools is one of two ways:

1) Buy Digidesign hardware which comes with ProTools (MBOX series, 003 Series)
2) Buy M-Audio hardware that is M-Powered (ie: FastTrack Ultra, ProFire series, Delta series, Project Mix). If you go this route, the hardware typically costs less, BUT, you will need to buy ProTools M-Powered software seperately. In most cases, it still ends up being cheaper. In your case, because you want a console, go for the M-Audio ProjectMix. It is the equivalent of the 003 Console.

Whichever hardware you choose, 003 Console or ProjectMix, you will be able to control levels in FL (as long as you setup FL to recognize the unit as a (midi)control surface). I'm about 75% sure that FL can be controlled whereas I'm 110% that ProTools will.

DJ Master O

www.myflowbeats.com
The only way you can get and use protools is one of two ways:

1) Buy Digidesign hardware which comes with ProTools (MBOX series, 003 Series)
2) Buy M-Audio hardware that is M-Powered (ie: FastTrack Ultra, ProFire series, Delta series, Project Mix). If you go this route, the hardware typically costs less, BUT, you will need to buy ProTools M-Powered software seperately. In most cases, it still ends up being cheaper. In your case, because you want a console, go for the M-Audio ProjectMix. It is the equivalent of the 003 Console.

Whichever hardware you choose, 003 Console or ProjectMix, you will be able to control levels in FL (as long as you setup FL to recognize the unit as a (midi)control surface). I'm about 75% sure that FL can be controlled whereas I'm 110% that ProTools will.
I want to control my levels in FL on my 003 console. In protools, the 003 console shows the name of the track on each fader..etc. etc..How can I do that for FL 8 studio? This is my setup. Click on the link below.

LINK--->

Last edited:

da blur

ProfessionalEntertainment
now a days you can make a studio in your house and still get superb quality.. just do what you can with your budget and maybe one day you can make $ back out of it and start up bigger and better things.. or if you are serious and confident you can go take out a loan and build a bad ass studio..

Last edited: