• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Rane Serato Scratch Users Check In

djhypnotiq718

The Turntable Assasin
ImTheDJ said:
Whats up kid,
I bought a new computer and 2 backup hard drives. The only thing that I did was put the music files and music crates in the same place on each computer. For instance my music is on c:/music which is the same on my hard drive which is H:/music etc. My crates are saved in the same place also. Just make sure you move your crates and put them in the same place they were before if you put them somewhere else. If you place them in a nother location you will get the red letters of death...lol.
My problem now is syncing files so that I dont have triplicates and quads of the same file on each hard drive.
Whats up man!! how was UR R&R??? Anyway, Yeah that was my greatest fear with the serato...I didin't wanna have to build all my crates again after it took me forever and a day to complete them...LOL!! How do you have your crates built up now??? I got mine like this.... Dirty South, R&B, Old School Rap, East Coast Bangas, Acapellas, instrumentals, AV8, DJ Tools, Hip-Hop, Old School R&B, Reggae, House

ImTheDJ

DJ CRANK
Sup Kid R&R was great I went to Myrtle Beach and Disney. I bought a Timeshare also. Anyway I have so many crates but i only use a few of them. I have Acapella, Instrumental, Blends, AV8, Reggae, country, Hip Hop Jazz, New Jack Swing, Hip Hop Classics, R&B Classics, Booty Music, Baltimore Club, DC Go-Go, House, Must Play, Bangers, Pop, Funk, Dirty South, Snap Music, Slow Music I think thats it. I also use my color coding alot also. Red dot has cursing, Yellow dot is acapella, Green dot is Reggae, Blue dot must play etc... It works for me I guess i am just organized dude blame it on the military...lol, I try to use other folks serato, this one dude his shit said Track 1 thru track 84 it had no names he only knew what the songs were by memory. I have a 16gig memory stick that has enough songs on there to do a whole night I keep it on my key chain incase I have to spin anywhere anytime.

djhypnotiq718

The Turntable Assasin
ImTheDJ said:
Sup Kid R&R was great I went to Myrtle Beach and Disney. I bought a Timeshare also. Anyway I have so many crates but i only use a few of them. I have Acapella, Instrumental, Blends, AV8, Reggae, country, Hip Hop Jazz, New Jack Swing, Hip Hop Classics, R&B Classics, Booty Music, Baltimore Club, DC Go-Go, House, Must Play, Bangers, Pop, Funk, Dirty South, Snap Music, Slow Music I think thats it. I also use my color coding alot also. Red dot has cursing, Yellow dot is acapella, Green dot is Reggae, Blue dot must play etc... It works for me I guess i am just organized dude blame it on the military...lol, I try to use other folks serato, this one dude his shit said Track 1 thru track 84 it had no names he only knew what the songs were by memory. I have a 16gig memory stick that has enough songs on there to do a whole night I keep it on my key chain incase I have to spin anywhere anytime.
DAMN man u do have alot of crates...LOL...One Thing I haven't done yet was color code the tracks...is that a real good thing to use though??? how has it bettered the way u play???

djhypnotiq718

The Turntable Assasin
Hey I gotta another question....Which is better?? to run your Serato Program from your hard drive or run the program off of the computer?!?!? Right now I' got serato program itself running off of my external with all the music as well...Is this a good move on my part????

slayed

DJ Slayed Syzmor
Anyone rocking 1.9 yet? Ive been trying it out, but I use a stanton scs3d as my midi controller and there isnt a preset for 1.9 yet.

djhypnotiq718

The Turntable Assasin
Yea..1.9 is pretty straight. I got the beta version. I haven't used the sampler on it yet...really dont have a reason to right now being that I'm deployed...LOL!!, but I hope to use it soon!

ImTheDJ

DJ CRANK
Yea..1.9 is pretty straight. I got the beta version. I haven't used the sampler on it yet...really dont have a reason to right now being that I'm deployed...LOL!!, but I hope to use it soon!

Man I feel so lost, Seems like I been away from DJing for ever. I didn't even know that there was 1.9 i am so way behind the power curve. I havent DJd since Nov.

DJSTIKKMAN

I don't know what i would do without my serato. I kept sleeping and sleeping on and i said da hell with it and bought it. I believe that has been one of the best things i have ever spend my money on. If u dnt have it get it.

djflame

I just traded in my Pioneer CDJ 800 MK1 for Serato SL1 - EVEN TRADE no money exchanged at Samash. I think I got a good deal since those cdj's don't play mp3's and I already had vinyl turntables anyway. Damn, I should have done this a long time ago but I think I did it at a good time since the new Pioneer joints just came out (900's and the 2000's) What do yall think?