• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

R'n'B News / Info Thread

The Jackie Boyz// Blowing up the radio with Flo Rida//Gotta New Album 2

Have you heard of Jackie Boyz? They're a known local act in LA*but their coming up fast. They*recently co-wrote "Sugar" with Flo Rida that's been bang'n on the radio lately.Also they just released their album “The Beginning” on iTunes. Their vocal melodies and beats are hott. Its something new and its got that summer vibe you know. myspace.com/jackiboyzcrunk

k.m

Super Moderator
Jay Sean Sends Peas Packing From Hot 100 Penthouse

this is big!!!

Jay Sean will put an end to the Black Eyed Peas' record reign atop the Billboard Hot 100 as his "Down" will move into the top slot on the chart to be released tomorrow morning. The Peas had held steady at No. 1 for 26 straight weeks with "Boom Boom Pow" (12 weeks) and "I Gotta Feeling (14 weeks), smashing the prior mark of 19 straight No. 1 frames earned by Usher with a pair of his tracks in 2004.

For Sean, his debut single becomes his first Hot 100 No. 1. The track also climbs to the top of Hot 100 Airplay with a total of 115 million listener impressions and rises 5-3 on Hot Digital Songs, where is has moved 1.5 million downloads since its release.
source: http://www.billboard.com/news/jay-sean-sends-peas-packing-from-hot-100-1004020213.story#/news/jay-sean-sends-peas-packing-from-hot-100-1004020213.story

'DOWN' IS UP: What goes up must come down. In this case, it's because of "Down."

After a record 26-week reign with "I Gotta Feeling" (the last 14 weeks) and "Boom Boom Pow" (12 weeks directly prior), the Black Eyed Peas cede the Billboard Hot 100 summit at last, as Jay Sean celebrates his first No. 1 with a 2-1 ascent for "Down."

Tomorrow in Chart Beat, we'll focus on the song's Hot 100 coronation. Today, there's more than enough to focus on regarding another chart that "Down" crowns.

Sean's career-opening single likewise rises 2-1 on the Pop Songs radio airplay chart. Featured artist Lil Wayne also nets his first No. 1 on the tally.

Sean is just the ninth male artist to conquer Pop Songs with his debut entry dating to the survey's 1992 inception. More than half of the select group has done so, however, since 2005, and the last artist in the exclusive club - Flo Rida - earned the honor with what would become the format's top song of 2008.............
Source: http://www.billboard.com/artist/jay-sean-featuring-lil-wayne/623772#/artist/jay-sean-featuring-lil-wayne/623772

if u read the above article in full you'll understand how big of an achievement this is for a uk R'n'B artist to get that far in the U.S... Props where props are due!! :)

Matze1978

yeah wondering what ever happened to them? Hopin they release something soon and thats super news that Kay-Gee is back on board! What I like about NBN, is when they release something, its always a hit!

tamanjamom

If you haven't heard the new Monica already, then you are definitely missing out! She is back stronger and wiser than ever! She watched her loved one kill himself in front of her and has had many more challenges, but she overcame them. I love the way that she has used her pain as a motivating force to come harder in her music to send out a more inspiring and meaningful message! "I'm still standing" is the best! Check Monica out! She is bacccckkkkk!