• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Setup Pictures

DJ Tecniq

slayed said:
Stanton Str8-80s
Numark DXM Pro Mixer
Polaroid 32 LCD display
Acer Aspire Laptop
DJDecks via u46dj

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u184/djslayed/P8110028.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u184/djslayed/P8110031.jpg
that's a cool setup dude that big screen. How do you like your numark mixer? I love mine except for the fact it's such a big fader I'd rather have the rane ttm56 but need to save money. I noticed a big difference once I tried out the ttm56 and my mixer. Serato was lagging really bad when I switched to the 56 it almost sounded like the scratches were not coming out as clean and 100% accurate. My friend had told me you gotta mess with alot of preferences in the setup screen. We actually did a test we used real vinyl vs serato and it seemed so much as real vinyl was making the cuts sound cleaner and accurate with the fader. We used serato and it was just sloppy sounding a big downfall for me.

slayed

DJ Slayed Syzmor
Ive yet to use serato at all. Ive been stuck with the u46dj and DJdecks until I get some more loot. Scratching is close to flawless with DJdecks, I havent heard much of serato lagging.

ScottR622

Dj Ruff
I got the basic set up that everyone in YouTube videos seems to have (lol)

2 x Pioneer CDJ-200
1 x Numark DM-1002 MK2
1 x broken headphones that I also use as mic....

Eventually I might get 800's...but i think this is good reliable stuff to start out on...at least the pioneers won't break in a week like the axis 9's might :D

I'm gettin the CDJ-200's tomorrow via UPS and the mixer sometime next week...will definitely post pics of everything set up next to my huuuuge speakers :D

Last edited:

ScottR622

Dj Ruff
They cost $720 for everything including shipping.

2 Pioneer CDJ-200
1 Numark DM1002 MK2 (should receive by Wednesday!!)

1 Sony receiver
2 Sanyo SS-340's (not P.A.)

THIS IS BIG FOR ME!!!

piojos_15

PRO DJ
Here its my equipment! i juz bought it...in addition to this i have a denon 6000, 2 mackies srm 450, 2 yamahas V115 and two more speakers, also I use serato (ssl 1) and 2 hard drives of 500 gb (each).

Last edited:

ScottR622

Dj Ruff
piojos_15 said:
Here its my equipment! i juz bought it...in addition to this i have a denon 6000, 2 mackies srm 450, 2 yamahas V115 and two more speakers, also I use serato (ssl 1) and 2 hard drives of 500 gb (each).

Sick stuff man...someday i want to get the 800's..

illa

ScottR622 said:
My mixer just came today....

:D :D :D

I just sold that exact mixer on ebay brand new for $80. The cool feature is the transform button. Hope you got a few xtra faders tho if you're going to be doin any kind of scratching. I had to send two mixers back within 3 weeks because the fader bleeds soooo bad, and I'm not even a heavy scratcher. But the best of luck to you.

Last edited:

ImTheDJ

DJ CRANK
Man I started this thread in 03 and its still going strong. I havent bought any new equipment in a while, dont plan on buying any until I get back from Iraq in 08. I am trying to learn the video and lighting piece right now, may start looking into DJing Videos or atleast bringing a Projector and screen and stuff. I am also gonna check in tosomegood portable lighting. Holla and keep posting them pics.

DJ CRank

djknobz

ill have my pic up in a few days...but heres what im running....
2x Numark ICDX
1x American DJ Q-2221 Mixer
1x M-Audio Firewire Audiophile
Pentium Core Duo 1.8GHz
1 Gig ram
100Gig hdd
Virtual Dj 5.0
all this is packed into a coffin with a L-type laptop stand..sickest set-up the icdx's are crazy...expecially since they hook right into the laptop..only think i cant figure out how to set it up without external sound card..the outs from the icdx dont seem to work when plugged into the laptop..no biggie though

spicaly

djknobz said:
ill have my pic up in a few days...but heres what im running....
2x Numark ICDX
1x American DJ Q-2221 Mixer
1x M-Audio Firewire Audiophile
Pentium Core Duo 1.8GHz
1 Gig ram
100Gig hdd
Virtual Dj 5.0
all this is packed into a coffin with a L-type laptop stand..sickest set-up the icdx's are crazy...expecially since they hook right into the laptop..only think i cant figure out how to set it up without external sound card..the outs from the icdx dont seem to work when plugged into the laptop..no biggie though
you have to use the laptops output b/c when you using the icdx through usb into the computer all the icdx is doing is acting as a controller for the sound files on your pc

Lil P

!.The Hottest Young'in.!

2x numark tt-200's
2x stanton c.304's
Stanton SA 3 mixer
Stanton SA-12 Dj Craze Mixer

Last edited: