• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

The top reason why I hate submitting beats to major artist

AveMcree

FutureStarDJs/TrapCampEnt
ok lately Ive been submitting tracks to some major artist projects and even making tracks for them on the fly, but what kills me is how we get the run around on dudes actually making a song to our tracks..... like I even been told by "managers" that they are either in the studio or they are "on tour" whatever the case may be... its rediculous.. then when some muti-platinum producer comes w/ his so called "magic wand" beats they jump on it like flys on shit.... hell even a group I've been giving tracks to for years sat on countless of beats until we started making moves....

so what do you guys think its about???? the name and the fame of the "popular" producer or the quality of the music of the producer??

my opinion is alot of dudes dont respect your craft until the world is jocking you which I think is terrible and kind of the reason why music lacks quality

Shadik

I swear that's exactly what i'm going through right now. I'm not going to say his name but i wouldn't be suprised if we were talking about the same person.

It's a business first we're like street merchants and shit.

We stand outside of these big jewelry stores trying to sell scared gems and shit to their customers, but they won't buy it. Thats because the cooperation isn't tryng to take a lost with something that could be generic.

da blur

ProfessionalEntertainment
thats why you send them like half track with drops on it and say if you want it mastered and finished or customized lets talk business..
dont ever send a full beat in high quality thats just stupid/
unless you dont care if they use it for free
hey you might get some exposure

micadvancement

the future in the present
yo i got several homies with placements....some were hard some werent.

my homie aktion met kam and now he doing tracks with warzone, snoop etc. but he had to meet him to get to that level

my other homie musstaffa beatz sent a beat cd with tags to 50 and 50 had to contact him to let him know he wants the beat with out the tags. 50 used it on a song called 'puppy luv". mustafa never got paid on that one tho.

My homie t scott got beats on 50, tony yayo but his brother in law is sha money lol

oh but i also got a homie named "blastah beatz" from canary islands. he is all internet and he got beats on joe buddens latest release. He even made that one 15 minute song he had about hip hop beat. he just hits people up constantly and he eventually got that connect. he got beats to papoose, busta rhymes etc. all by hittin them up online

Last edited:

AveMcree

no doubt.... I just think its better to get at dudes while they are in the studio if your a new comer.... it stops all the question right then and there

Last edited:

AveMcree

real talk, Imma be a real dickhead when I get in the door for real!! lol j/p or am i??? nah but seriously my thing now is putting together complete projects rather than making a beat and praying it gets placed...... thk god Imma DJ

AveMcree

Jack Flash said:
get one of their boys to like your tracks and instantly the artist will become interested..

man, Im past that stage my guy.... the true problem at hand is that my track record isnt big enough yet... like I got placements but not any billboard hits or top notch co'signer......

so thats why I did this thread.... LOL I felt like crying about it and what better place to do it but online???? :D

honestly, I feel what gorilla zoe is saying in his song "lost" because its toooooooo many "yes man" in this business and not enough leaders

The Colleagues

I feel you. You put your blood and sweat into these tracks and they blow it off because your name aint ringing bells but then take a half ass beat from a major producer because of his name. thats bullshit, but i look at it like this. you just building your success story for when u make it. You can look back and tell it

AveMcree

The Colleagues said:
I feel you. You put your blood and sweat into these tracks and they blow it off because your name aint ringing bells but then take a half ass beat from a major producer because of his name. thats bullshit, but i look at it like this. you just building your success story for when u make it. You can look back and tell it

yeah pretty much..... the music biz is backward and been that way for years....... I think we should sell our stories to VH1..lol

muscldancr

i totally feel you guys... i been thru the same thing... still lookin for that major placement.... right now im a radio dj, so hopefully when the majors come in to do drops they'll actually LISTEN to my beat cd and not just throw it away when they leave the radio station....

AveMcree

muscldancr said:
i totally feel you guys... i been thru the same thing... still lookin for that major placement.... right now im a radio dj, so hopefully when the majors come in to do drops they'll actually LISTEN to my beat cd and not just throw it away when they leave the radio station....

and I wouldnt play they shit because that means they arer too damn big headed to give the time or day to someone thats where they use to be.... shit if I saw someone throw my beat cd in the trash Id prolly take the cd out the trash and smash it on they head lol...

HDP "nice"

Registered BeatKnoCK
its always the same story.... you gotta grind and take it on the chin.... its easy to quit... i put it like this and this my quote when I can quote an muthafuccas listen...
MUSIC IS LIFE AND WISDOM IF IT AINT YOUR LIFE THEN IT AINT MUSIC....
thats some shit i read on a sign on my way to the io then when i was on my way back i looked and the sign didnt even say that shit.. So I was like oh shit thats MY quote ....
see I had a mentor(jack robinson) that was old school in the game that was gettin me placed... then he got killed and I was stuck like damm...
its a painful loss now e'rybody either locked up or in prison.. I'm ready to just start sprayin these muthafuccas .. then I'll play my shit while they die slow... and ask them if they wanna place my shit now....
-----ahhh vent-------

AveMcree

HDP "nice" said:
its always the same story.... you gotta grind and take it on the chin.... its easy to quit... i put it like this and this my quote when I can quote an muthafuccas listen...
MUSIC IS LIFE AND WISDOM IF IT AINT YOUR LIFE THEN IT AINT MUSIC....
thats some shit i read on a sign on my way to the io then when i was on my way back i looked and the sign didnt even say that shit.. So I was like oh shit thats MY quote ....
see I had a mentor(jack robinson) that was old school in the game that was gettin me placed... then he got killed and I was stuck like damm...
its a painful loss now e'rybody either locked up or in prison.. I'm ready to just start sprayin these muthafuccas .. then I'll play my shit while they die slow... and ask them if they wanna place my shit now....
-----ahhh vent-------

thats what this thread is for lol.... the internet is a venting place period.... use it wisely lol

good post

Yellow Boy

insert title here
AveMcree said:
ok lately Ive been submitting tracks to some major artist projects and even making tracks for them on the fly, but what kills me is how we get the run around on dudes actually making a song to our tracks..... like I even been told by "managers" that they are either in the studio or they are "on tour" whatever the case may be... its rediculous.. then when some muti-platinum producer comes w/ his so called "magic wand" beats they jump on it like flys on shit.... hell even a group I've been giving tracks to for years sat on countless of beats until we started making moves....

so what do you guys think its about???? the name and the fame of the "popular" producer or the quality of the music of the producer??

my opinion is alot of dudes dont respect your craft until the world is jocking you which I think is terrible and kind of the reason why music lacks quality
You pretty much answered your own question, even though it was via your opinion. Dat shit (bolded part) is 100% fact.

bjobson

FIE TRAXX!!
It is messed up though when it's obvious to see that the quality of beats don't even matter, but rather the popularity of the producer. Some of these big name producers be having some hot garbage and artists jump on it because of who he is. I hate when a rapper tells me that a beat i played for them was banging, but then they say that they don't want to use it. I bet if one of these big name cats played them the same beat they would be hopping on his nuts for that sh*t!! (no homo) lol

AveMcree

It is messed up though when it's obvious to see that the quality of beats don't even matter, but rather the popularity of the producer. Some of these big name producers be having some hot garbage and artists jump on it because of who he is. I hate when a rapper tells me that a beat i played for them was banging, but then they say that they don't want to use it. I bet if one of these big name cats played them the same beat they would be hopping on his nuts for that sh*t!! (no homo) lol
truss alot of these dudes act homo as hell... lol

and the answer to your other question is www.pmpworldwide.com

bjobson

FIE TRAXX!!
Aight...good looks! What you think about mybeatshop.com?

And what's a track dump homey? I saw that on PMP