• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

The top reason why I hate submitting beats to major artist

AveMcree

FutureStarDJs/TrapCampEnt
Aight...good looks! What you think about mybeatshop.com?

And what's a track dump homey? I saw that on PMP
Mybeatshop is a cool place to sell tracks to people that cant afford the ticket on a beat from the normal "super" or "experienced" producer but got talent... Ive tried them out... didnt like the fact that anyone with beats could join & the watered down beat market so I got on pmp

Track dumps is a feature where producers can submit tracks to major artist(s) and labels

we've been on there for one year and got a featured producer slot... honestly I like that PMP screens the producers before hand and its less likely someone can get on there and play the role of "john cheap beats" and tear down an already fallen music industry

its a risk at $450 a year but its well worth it as we have did more than tripled our paper with in a few months of being on there... and thats not to mention the artist/songwriters on there have real talent and a movement

bjobson

FIE TRAXX!!
Yeah, PMP seems like where its at 4real, but my cash aint right for me to jump on that risk. For me personally, that's a lot of money for me to drop without knowing that i'm guaranteed to make it back within that year. How do they work out the price for beats if somebody is interested in copping one?

AveMcree

Yeah, PMP seems like where its at 4real, but my cash aint right for me to jump on that risk. For me personally, that's a lot of money for me to drop without knowing that i'm guaranteed to make it back within that year. How do they work out the price for beats if somebody is interested in copping one?
it depends on you basically.... someone can drop me paper on there via paypal or money order.... all I know is my beats are worth more than $5-$25 dollars lol and all those other beat markets are pretty much based on watered down beat prices for beats that are usually rip offs of popular producers in the game

to me it was well worth it over there than on mybeatshop.com which cant even pay they producers on time and charge 25% for each beat you sell on they site... that to me is a rip off

once I saw a banner over there for 20 beats for $10!!!, I was done lol

bjobson

FIE TRAXX!!
20 beats for $10?? That's ridiculous 4real. I wouldn't stoop that low. Those beats must have been straight boo boo..lol

But on the real, i would appreciate it if a vet like yourself would give me some feedback on some of my work. What's up!?

AveMcree

20 beats for $10?? That's ridiculous 4real. I wouldn't stoop that low. Those beats must have been straight boo boo..lol

But on the real, i would appreciate it if a vet like yourself would give me some feedback on some of my work. What's up!?
yeah niggaz are selling they soul for a beat sell on the net

da blur

ProfessionalEntertainment
if youre already past the stage of gettin your name out there &
if theyre that good you shouldnt settle for 300$-$1000 a pop.. if they cant afford it then they aint official even if its your homeboy uness you guys are in some kinda group/band/team together.
or they are super struggling artist with a lot of talent then maybe cut em a deal and try to get some royalties out of it or something~

i would not put my shit on PMP uness you put tags in it ...They got some GREAT beats on there from no named producers but even Top big named producers on there...and its cool for some exposure if you are serious but anyone can just jack those beats in 2 seconds... :eek: and its tough competition
but if you got your beat (c) ... then you should hope they do steal it and use it
cause if you catch them you can sue them... but.. you gotta catch them.

shit, better off send em to 50 cent i heard he did that before and just picked out beats from 4 beat cds like Okay i like that one, that one and that one, and doesnt even care about top name producers as long as the beats hot

Last edited:

AveMcree

if youre already past the stage of gettin your name out there &
if theyre that good you shouldnt settle for 300$-$1000 a pop.. if they cant afford it then they aint official even if its your homeboy uness you guys are in some kinda group/band/team together.
or they are super struggling artist with a lot of talent then maybe cut em a deal and try to get some royalties out of it or something~

i would not put my shit on PMP uness you put tags in it ...They got some GREAT beats on there from no named producers but even Top big named producers on there...and its cool for some exposure if you are serious but anyone can just jack those beats in 2 seconds... :eek: and its tough competition
but if you got your beat (c) ... then you should hope they do steal it and use it
cause if you catch them you can sue them... but.. you gotta catch them.

shit, better off send em to 50 cent i heard he did that before and just picked out beats from 4 beat cds like Okay i like that one, that one and that one, and doesnt even care about top name producers as long as the beats hot
copyrighting your beat doesnt exactly save you from getting your beat jacked.... lol we've had our beats jacked from every angle..... it kind of boost ya ego a lil lol... its flattering especially when another producer jacks ya beat then sells it and dont have the tracked out version.... they did all the hard work for you

PMP is the next wave especially when you got cats like 50cent getting tracks from people on there

RickVick

get one of their boys to like your tracks and instantly the artist will become interested..

what i do....

i dont go after the main artist, i got after there homies and so on.....
they luv ur stuff.....90% chance the gona let the big dawg hear it.....

but yeah i feel u also....
i had someone working with a major artist who said he fuks with my ish....and was gona rock some of them himself and pass the others to his folks (the major artist) cause he knows he'll feel them joints........

havent had anything......... email........wait.......... just emailed again last night........

so while see whats good

TracKings LLC.

WE MAKE HITS!!!Get At Us!
Ave what up its Komplex from FP 1/3 of TracKings. Considering we're in a similar situation with major placements and so forth I'm at the point where we're jus focusing on making our brand strong. That can come from big placements, mass promotions, or anything in between.

Right now the independent market is feeding us. So its much love to sites like TJDJS that allow all of us to network.

Peace

RickVick

/\ dito, im tryna build my brand as much as posible.... im like the more folks kno about you the better, specially if they like your stuff.

im just trying to find as many sites possible that i can promo on....

anyone got a few please throw them out there....
(we already kno Tj's Dj's) lol

dj_lalo

like I see where y'all are comin from but thats what this business is..who you know not what you know..look they are tryin to keep their connects up..thats how they stay on top..not sayin your not producin some fire beats but its almost like..(just an example) but if you go to a dance, are you gonna bring your girlfriend or the girl that looks better??? it'd be fucked up if you didnt bring your girl..plus shes gonna know that you took some other girl thats better then her to the dance..so now shes gonna leave your ass and key your car, blacklist your name throughout the entire school and your never gonna get ass again...so then you have to start bangin some fat nasty broad and your status goes down...but if you brought your girl then everything is good..its a safer bet, you may not like it but its a safer bet..

dj_lalo

..now lets say your the fat nasty broad (just a metaphor) if you lose some weight and get yo ass on an ellipitical machine or something and start putting your name out there and every once in awhile s***** d*** then the dude thats datin the chick is gonna wanna get his d*** s***** by the other chick..then eventually they are gonna be on a whole notha status and the girlfriend is gonna get fat and nasty and start doin heroin

outtherebad

uppa dek is forever
I really think its because a lot of times its too many beat makers and not enough producers. the producers work and know what theyre doing. Just like the real dj's and the ones who just play songs. Most of these artists don't know any better, and got other people in there ear telling them all kinds of useless stuff, and being "name whores". Because to some, its better to say I got a "such and such" terack, instead of saying that they got the best/perfect song period for their project. If the artists who swear they "Kkeep it real", and remember where they came from, it wouldnt be so bad. also if the producers came forward and made these beat makers move around itd be easier.

Producers lets build from the ground up and make the artists come to us!!!

Uppa Dek
Dre Steel
t.h.e MISFits
Ronnie Rich

"Quality is missing from the game. If nothing else be memorable!"

tamanjamom

I would definitely say pray first and keep grinding! Learn from your mistakes and do things differently if they didn't work out the last time!

AveMcree

a few yrs later looking back at this thread and still feel the same way even though we produced for like several majors like Young Jeezy and Jim Jones...

still cant get a major single lol..... hell Im doing a major movie score but cant get a joint with Usher or Jay-z..... the game is funny