• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Time stretching an altering BPM track

t_minus

Hi guys,

Been on tjsdjs for a little while now and been back and forth popping through now and again.

I am currently working on a mixtape which involves time stretching an altering BPM track to a faster/slower BPM.

If you dont understand, putting it simply, if you had a live track which was not smack on a BPM rate, it makes it harder to perfectly align the next track. If I had a tool which I could tap the first bar of each beat, it could stretch the track to be played at a perfect BPM.

I am currently using Sony Acid Pro and found that it using the Beatmapper Wizard, it only allows me to assign one BPM, even if the tracks shifts faster or slower.

Can anyone recommend a program which will alow me to do this?

da blur

ProfessionalEntertainment
usually sounds bad if you stretch a beat but you can do it with acapellas..

when I installed Sony Vegas 8 to edit videos it came with some dfx plugin and I just use it with cool edit lol
http://i42.tinypic.com/9t018i.jpg

probably need a program to scan the BPM like MixMeister BPM Analyzer to find original bpm .. but use the beat or original song so you get the right bpm, you cant scan an acapella..

t_minus

First of all, thanks all for the replies.

Secondly, I think GSwift has got the jist of what I am talking about. I assume that with it being called Pitch N Time, this doesnt effect the pitch in any way if bars were stretched?

I havent used FL Studio before but will defo have a look at Pitch N Time first and see if its what I am after.

Cheers again.

gswift

First of all, thanks all for the replies.

Secondly, I think GSwift has got the jist of what I am talking about. I assume that with it being called Pitch N Time, this doesnt effect the pitch in any way if bars were stretched?

I havent used FL Studio before but will defo have a look at Pitch N Time first and see if its what I am after.

Cheers again.
The pitch doesn't get affected in any way (no relics), and you can also change the pitch without affecting the time/ tempo of the track, the only thing is....it's a Pro-tools plug-in.