• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Virtual DJ/Numark Cue Users Check In

DJ Intense

Seeing as theres one for serato, I just wanna see how many people use VDJ here. I've been a user since version one and although theres other software that supports timecodes like serato and torq, i still continue to use VDJ. I guess its more of a loyalty thing but w/e...Oh yeah and one question, How many of u guys mix videos at gigs?

spicaly

i have it installed on my laptop, still kinda iffy about using it live tho... i got it hooked up with 2 icdx's

do you have any skins for it?

Kjames

I got 1 Icdx and i like it alot. I'm working on getting a usb mixer so that it can be used even better.

texasskoolboi

i've been using it for a while along with other software ..

about a year ago i started using it for my gigs...

i know its not serato but in the time i've used it it's never failed me during a gig while one of my boys serato has messed up his night a few times ..

im running the vynils on some newmarks and i fuken think its great ....

no complains here............

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
Hmm....I know I want to get vinyls, and I am already used to Virtual DJ's setup. How good do they work with Virtual DJ, and how do you get all of that to run together?

DJ Intense

its actually very easy...get a maya 44 usb sound card (or any 4 in 4 out ound card) off of ebay (they usually cost from like a buck to a buck forty) and then cop the timecoded vinyls. You then plug in the turntbles into the 2 ins of the sondcard and the mixer into the two outs. After that is done, in the config settings in virtual dj, you select what type of hardware you are using, and you're done... definately cheaper than serato. I ended up paying like 160 for the card and the two vinyls. Plus, virtual dj is now compatiblewith serato vinyls, which I believe are around 10 bucks at gc, so nowadays it should be even cheaper to set up timecoded vinyl in vdj.

texasskoolboi

yeah once you get the soundcard its way cheaper than serato or any of the others.... esp. since most people i know jus crack virtual dj .. .lol. ... but yeah r-tistic... its pretty good .. just make sure you clean your needles constantly once you get it.... a dirty needle is your worst enemy during a gig...........

dj rebel

Washingtons #1 Latin DJ
hey, i have the hercueles dj console (mk1) . can i hook some tt's with the timecoded vinyl and run it through that???

DatDamnAmp

dj rebel said:
hey, i have the hercueles dj console (mk1) . can i hook some tt's with the timecoded vinyl and run it through that???
If you go into the CONFIG and the REMOTE you can select the Hercules DJ console and use the jog wheels on it. Well, this is for Version 5, that is.

Hey, I have a XPONENT and just started messing wit Virtual DJ cuz I saw it had a MIDI mapping for the XPONENT. Anyone with a real VDJ account, can you download the newer XPONENT mapper for me? Would really appreciate it.

Anyway, I am interested in VDJ cuz of the Karaoke support. I just spent 2 days ripping my CDGs to my computer, and am looking forward to putting it to work at a gig. I have to admit the scratch is more realistic sounding on VDJ but I cant get it to let me listen to the left deck in the headphones.

dj rebel

Washingtons #1 Latin DJ
DatDamnAmp said:
I cant get it to let me listen to the left deck in the headphones.

if you have headphones that you can take off the 1/4 connection and leaving it with a regular headphone connection then you can plug in the head phones through the back in the "front" input.

piojos_15

PRO DJ
I'm use it with the serato box, connected to my djm 800 thru midi and my 2 cdjs to mix Videos and then I use Serato to mix audio. Calibrating everything took some reading but worth it. No complains at all.

Dj Master Mind

Invasion Production
i use it exactly like piojos does......use vdj jus to mix videos and i use serato for music or torq........
i bought that small cheap midi controller by M-audio and use it to transition between videos..
sucks cuz i have to use to faders.....one for video and one for audio.......
but fuck it i mix videos....haha.....

im about to jump on that Rane mixer with the serato....
hopefully that new serato with video is stable jus like vdj.........

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
I just bought turntables for the first time last week...and I think Virtual DJ was the best set of "training wheels" that I could have had to start me off on before turntables. For one, I know all of the song BPMs by heart just from seeing them on there so much...and I got the basics down from there, whether it was mixing (beatmatching to some), or experimenting with the kills, effects, and crossfader.

remixmann

When I purchased the Hercules RMX it included an offer for VDJ for $49.00...I lost the code and contacted VDJ for assistance. They will only offer VDJ for 149.00.
If I can find the mapper elsewhere I will thoroughly test it for ease and effectiveness and post the results.
Judging from posts on the VDJ website and use without the mapper it should be the easiest and funnest way to DJ.
The only problem I have is the cost

remixmann

The previous post did not appear as I wrote it....here is the complete version:
I use the NUMARK NSFX with Serato itch. VDJ has some features that are not included in the native mapper and the midi mapping process in VDJ is by no means straight forward. There is a mapper but one must purchase the 249.00 version to get it.
When I purchased the Hercules RMX it included an offer for VDJ for $49.00...I lost the code and contacted VDJ for assistance. They will only offer VDJ for 149.00.
If I can find the mapper elsewhere I will thoroughly test it for ease and effectiveness and post the results.
Judging from posts on the VDJ website and use without the mapper it should be the easiest and funnest way to DJ.
The only problem I have is the cost.
Anyone that is willing to share the mapper would be greatly appreciated.

DJ Karlos

I use Virtual DJ & have done since about version 4.. now on 7.05
I have upgraded thru time with the midi controllers, starting with a hurcules mk1.
I now use the new Denon MC3000 which i think is great and well suited to vdj also has Serato & Tracktor mapping options