• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

was it hard to get artists to really listen to your beats?

getitpoppinbaby

i know alot of artists hear alot of bullshit beats and they dont really take out time to check ya material out. was it hard to get some artists to recognize you and how long did it take for you to get your first song recorded on your beat..ONLY MAJOR OR SEMI MAJOR ARTISTS

micadvancement

the future in the present
im trying to be a manager for local producers and i email aritsts non stop with no answer back...wish i had phone numbers.

XQUIZ

Flownan The Barbarian
the best thing Ive learned is word of mouth someone who knows the artist and can vouch for you is the easiest and most common way to get your beats heard.

MikeDoubleD

Take your five BEST, and I mean BEST beats/tracks and blast them on a 80s ghettoblaster boombox, cassette style. Do this on the subway or downtown in your city. Bring people to watch your back and people to support you. Video everything, it makes it look like a spectacle.. Have your stuff copywritten and hand out free cds of your stuff. Guerilla market it. Get someone to video it going down on the train. Go car to car. City to city. State to state. Country to country..... Planet to planet..

Make great songs, shoot videos, make merchandise available, build a base locally. "Think globally, act locally." Study everything.

MikeDoubleD

MikeDoubleD

MikeDoubleD said:
Take your five BEST, and I mean BEST beats/tracks and blast them on a 80s ghettoblaster boombox, cassette style. Do this on the subway or downtown in your city. Bring people to watch your back and people to support you. Video everything, it makes it look like a spectacle.. Have your stuff copywritten and hand out free cds of your stuff. Guerilla market it. Get someone to video it going down on the train. Go car to car. City to city. State to state. Country to country..... Planet to planet..

Make great songs, shoot videos, make merchandise available, build a base locally. "Think globally, act locally." Study everything.

MikeDoubleD
Also..

Always include accurate and up to date contact information on everything you hand out. Name, phone number, email address, website address..

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
XQUIZ said:
the best thing Ive learned is word of mouth someone who knows the artist and can vouch for you is the easiest and most common way to get your beats heard.
That's really what worked for me. It was a point where I focused on making beats, and most local rappers wanted to see what I had, but it was hard to ever meet anyone major or even anyone that slightly had a familiar name. After a while, word of mouth worked to where rappers I grew up on would hit me up for tracks without me having to chase them.

Just make sure your music is at THAT level before you try to shop and push them...because people will be turned off after hearing 5 seconds of an average/wack beat. Also, as Mike said...make sure you know what your best songs really are. I've been around producers where they'd play 10 average/decent/wack beats, THEN hit me with one that was hard as hell...and they honestly didn't feel those were their best songs. So if an established artist is listening to your songs, they will not listen past song 2-3 if they aren't feeling it.

AveMcree

FutureStarDJs/TrapCampEnt
man its always hard to get cats to listen to your beats unless you got a few top ten hits then they swinging off ya balls lol..... its even harder to get them to record to um as well

The Colleagues

AveMcree said:
man its always hard to get cats to listen to your beats unless you got a few top ten hits then they swinging off ya balls lol..... its even harder to get them to record to um as well
PREAAAAACH