• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

what happen to this website? !!!!

jn2006

And DJs selling their stuff (no names!)... This used to be the first website I checked, but now I barely check it at all

djvoodoo

Interesting you say so, many people have gone away. Over the last two years the site has changed drastically. There was a unique flavor to tjsdjs, a site where alot of the material posted was by the ACTUAL producer and now we have too much outside content (probably without their consent). However i don't think one should tackle DJ UNIVERSE in a negative manner, he is after all providing MANY guys with regular material.

I'm all for growth but it must be monitored and be packaged properly. As for guys selling their stuff, it is entirely up to them what they do, however my opinion is that it shouldn't necessarily be on this site. My good buddy and fellow producer GRAAF would put in time and make major effort to give us the latest tracks, but i'd often see people complain of his quality and that he is now selling. Let him be, he was grown, matured an evolved.

Yes, this site was more for the love and not for money, however on the flip side i see their actions as reasonable as as there are many peeps who just leech and can be as ungrateful as it comes: so it's a catch 22. Personally, my packs have had over hundreds of views and downloads and i'd get only 20-30 comments and a few thanks...trust me after a while people get demotivated and move away to "greener pastures" if i may use the term. I mean when last did you see i.e EDUB or CODEMAN post here...?

I do however also feel that pretty soon this site will eventually turn into ANY other site and possibly be forced to close due to too much "HEAT" from the posting of stuff like Funkymix, Crooklyn Clan etc.

The question is "What now"?

Please can i also get feedback from the site masters, other djs, producers and the general user. Id love to also hear what's on your mind. Let's not fight and insult one another, it's very tacky. Let's rather work together and see how we can improve the standard of this site.

Last edited:

Acubed

This place does provide me with a portal for music, and I greatly appreciate that, as I really don't know where else to turn to.
Voodoo, Slick, Rukus, and so many others post packs that I use daily. Without them, I simply could not do what I do. So mad props to them. Even Graff.. at the end of the day his work is insanely appreciated. I'll tell you flat out I don't pay for stuff as he posts it simply because I'm not in a position to do so, but when he posts his megapacks for free, I hop on them immediately. Sure, it means I have to wait a little while longer to get songs that aren't necessarily "brand new/current" anymore, but it's all stuff I use.

Wish I was in that position to produce and post content, but I'm not. I rely on this site to provide me with content, which it does. I do wish more of the links (specifically DJ Universe's) were more on media fire, zippyshare, or something else that makes it easier to download, but because I'm getting it for nothing but my time, I'm not going to complain.

Thanks to everyone that not only provides, but helps me to evolve. I appreciate it.

djrom215

@djvoodoo....you're absolutely correct fam...i agree with you totally...and for the record...dj universe has held us down in one way or another...voodoo is right tho...we do need to work together to keep the little that we have with this forum........

dj_blueprint

i agree also with dj voodoo we need to work together.recently i started to pay on a website for my music,but i share them here for free because i did get many tracks from here and i'm returning the favor if i can say so.

muscldancr

Interesting you say so, many people have gone away. Over the last two years the site has changed drastically. There was a unique flavor to tjsdjs, a site where alot of the material posted was by the ACTUAL producer and now we have too much outside content (probably without their consent). However i don't think one should tackle DJ UNIVERSE in a negative manner, he is after all providing MANY guys with regular material.

I'm all for growth but it must be monitored and be packaged properly. As for guys selling their stuff, it is entirely up to them what they do, however my opinion is that it shouldn't necessarily be on this site. My good buddy and fellow producer GRAAF would put in time and make major effort to give us the latest tracks, but i'd often see people complain of his quality and that he is now selling. Let him be, he was grown, matured an evolved.

Yes, this site was more for the love and not for money, however on the flip side i see their actions as reasonable as as there are many peeps who just leech and can be as ungrateful as it comes: so it's a catch 22. Personally, my packs have had over hundreds of views and downloads and i'd get only 20-30 comments and a few thanks...trust me after a while people get demotivated and move away to "greener pastures" if i may use the term. I mean when last did you see i.e EDUB or CODEMAN post here...?

I do however also feel that pretty soon this site will eventually turn into ANY other site and possibly be forced to close due to too much "HEAT" from the posting of stuff like Funkymix, Crooklyn Clan etc.

The question is "What now"?

Please can i also get feedback from the site masters, other djs, producers and the general user. Id love to also hear what's on your mind. Let's not fight and insult one another, it's very tacky. Let's rather work together and see how we can improve the standard of this site.

I still post here from time to time ;)

thanks for the shoutout!!

SAO

MOD
wassup guys.. i do miss this site tooo.... im just maad busy and honestly check in maybee once every two weeks...... but this is still my favorite networking site of all time, i met a few good friends on here......

da blur

ProfessionalEntertainment
<Growing older, harder to keep up with new songs anymore or find time to share as much or leave feedback...plus I got enough music to last a life time already..but... as they say, collector never stops collecting...

I think after more and more people stopped posting it kept dying more and less and less people were active..its not completely dead now though I still see a lot of good stuff posted, just isnt as active with quality members as it used to be

Last edited:
when I joined on here awhile back, I liked it cause I was able to get Xmix Urban & Dance,,Ultimix,Funkymix on here, Is there other Websites that have them, I only found this one Im sure there are more out there,anyone can help appreciate it alot

tbone

i miss the good old days with blur voodoo edub awdamaddix and everybody talkin ish and sharing the love. Lets get this back to where it was!!!

djvoodoo

Thanks for the feedback folks. Much appreciated. A lot of work an effort still to be put on here, but let's rock on!

aaron1

at the end of the day we are not all in the same position believe me if i could afford
x-mix and funkymixs dj sting etc i'd buy em. until then i get by with sites like this. thanks to all who share because without you the struggle would be that much harder.