• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

What's the best file-sharing site to use to upload your videos? download?

Timesmark

All depends on the size of the file for me. Under 100 I use Mediafire but for movies Etc I usually go with Megaupload because you can put up to 500mbs in one file thereby lowering the links to 2 for a 1gb file.

da blur

ProfessionalEntertainment
True Mediafire does seem to upload faster and with less crashes...
but if you want high quality video its gonna be between 80mb-200mb

I would say probably Megaupload is best because you can upload to a 1GB* not 500MB like Timesmark saidi^
and the links last like 6 months or longer
or Rapidshare if you split the file up in 100MB .rar parts
Also Mediafire seems to be cracking down/reporting/deleting their files a lot

Last edited:

TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Who was the fastest download speeds?

We need to create a list of the best filesharing/downloading sites and post here for our users to follow.

Pininfar

theSUPERMOD
I have a rapidshare account and as a premium member of theirs I always get full download speeds. Non-members are capped. Mediafire is a good one. The right torrents aren't bad either.

Megaupload as a non-member gets me a f'd up downloadspeed. Speedyshare is good but has a limit so it's good for music and small low-res video. There are alternatives that I don't use too often:

Filefactory
Evilshare
Megashares
Depositfiles

da blur

I think zshare has actually has fasted download speed-- I get up to like 1.2MB/sec! And downloads songs in literally seconds.
so I was gonna say that would be best for Single mp3s... but they just upped their size to 500mb/file for unregistered and 1GB for registered users...

next best speed would have to be megaupload (100-700k/s) & mediafire and then rapidshare (100-200k/s). Sometimes slower depending on servers.. RS used to be really fast ..like 700k-1mb/sec but seems like it has slowed down and they limited it to 2GB/day bandwidth download even for Premium members and now it only goes like ~150k/s avg

Megaupload doesn't really limit you either, but to 1 file downloading at a time
unless you got SkipScreen and your files will last about 6months to 1 year or more..

Torrents are super fast with a lot of seeds but not everyone knows how to use torrents....so thats out

Last edited:

Pininfar

theSUPERMOD
I forgot about zshare, that's good for music. But with 500 mb/file what's stopping us from using it for video as well. It really depends on the resolution and video format vj's are looking for. 720 or 1080p video are very large files.

Pininfar

theSUPERMOD
MediaFire is another smashing, free file hosting service. Features include, Unlimited storage, Up to 100MB per file, Unlimited uploads, Unlimited downloads, Unlimited bandwidth, Image galleries, No sign up required and no software is needed.
Mediafire doesn't have a limit for the amount you download right?

carlosp

The Reggeaton king
the fastest i know my self is rapidshare but i have a premium account as well. I don't know how the speed for free accounts is but i remember it was pretty good as well. Mediafire is fast as well but i dont know the size limit on that.

BillyGunz

Mega Upload has the biggest free account. like 1025 MB... the rest are like 500 z-share, 100 rapidshare MB, its all about how big the files are

fieldmobbin

Grindin'
True Mediafire does seem to upload faster and with less crashes...
but if you want high quality video its gonna be between 80mb-200mb

I would say probably Megaupload is best because you can upload to a 1GB* not 500MB like Timesmark saidi^
and the links last like 6 months or longer
or Rapidshare if you split the file up in 100MB .rar parts
Also Mediafire seems to be cracking down/reporting/deleting their files a lot
Couldnt agree more. Megaupload has always seemed like the best site to me over the years. But people always discuss this and never can end up with 1 site thats best. Every computer, internet connection, has different speed with different sites. Mediafire is nice to me and Zshare would be bout perfect if there wasnt so much clicking and the 20 sec wait. Anyway...In my opinion its Megaupload, fastest dl speed(by far other than Mediafire, which is bout the same) and 1 link for huge files. Plus the uploads always seem to last way longer than any other free site.

Last edited:

da blur

and Zshare would be bout perfect if there wasnt so much clicking and the 20 sec wait. .

chemmy show ya sumshin

make a new bookmark in your toolbar and name it javascript:var time=0;

load a zshare link, click download.

then when the counter starts click the bookmark... wal-lah.. no wait time.

Also if you open limelinx link swith google chrome... it auto downloads!! :eek:
well... most of the time..well.. somtimes it doesnt for some weird reason

daws

rapidshare seems to be the most ppular. ive had a premium account for over a year now and its been worth every cent. rapidspread.com and sharebee are gd sites t upload to because they spread the links to multiple hosts.

dj illness

rapidshare is blah..i like mediafire cause of all the files u choose to download.
zshare gives big problems. i also like zippyshare cause u can preview the track and dowload it without any interuptions of the song.