• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

What's the difference between a producer & beatmaker?

XQUIZ

Flownan The Barbarian
I dont know if its been broken down already but here it is:

Beatmaking is just making beats obviously. But producing is taking ideas and putting them into motion. Telling a singer what key to sing in, harmonies, vibratos; telling a rapper what words to omit to make a line fit better over a beat; telling the engineer a certain phrase needs to be turned up - all these things are producing. A producer CAN be a beatmaker as well, which doesnt change the title. Many producers who are credited as producers dont actually make the beat but know what artist would sound good on what beat and bring the two together.

AveMcree

FutureStarDJs/TrapCampEnt
man I cant believe Im still getting emails from this dum thread lol... no disrespect but goodness.... people are still trying to define something that doesnt matter... if I make the damn beat and copyright my shit, I better get credit for it ... PRODUCER CREDIT!!

THE END!! lool

skitzo

- Clipse -
AveMcree said:
danjahands was no where to be found when he played those tracks nor was he in any legal situation lol....

it was because of that and the track he got off to "the game" why he legally binded Danjahand to his production team...

trust me I know what Im talking about cuz Ive been thru that same thing

alot of big name producers will take your track, then try to do a 50-50 deal when they place it... aint nothing wrong w/ that but how would you feel if someone said they were the greatest and they didnt do 100% of that track??

but then again dude could say what he wants as long as he makes sure I get my credit lol
lol i know this thread is mad old but i was reading through it.

danja did not do those beats timbo played for jay.. the black album was released in 03.. which means those beats were made early 03. the first song danja ever worked on w/ timbo that was on the radio was NORE's "Get Down".. if the jay situation ure talking about is right, then it woulda been "Dirt Off Your Shoulder".

after that NORE cut, came Banks Im So Fly and Xzibit's Hey Now.. then The Game joint.

Danja wanted to ghost produce for Timbo.. he is from VA and he was a major inspiration. That's how ghosting works.. you put in work and wait your turn, and after some time u will get ure fame. along with that, timbo could sell the danja beats for 200K+ where as no name danja woulda never been able to.

check Hannon Lane for example, he was ghosting for Tim before danja but didnt want to wait his turn and peaced out, and after he saw danja get his shine he came back and has done lots of shit again like on the madonna album or that flo rida song.

timbo's producers are nasty.. ie. royal court too.

Last edited:

AveMcree

FutureStarDJs/TrapCampEnt
skitzo said:
lol i know this thread is mad old but i was reading through it.

danja did not do those beats timbo played for jay.. the black album was released in 03.. which means those beats were made early 03. the first song danja ever worked on w/ timbo that was on the radio was NORE's "Get Down".. if the jay situation ure talking about is right, then it woulda been "Dirt Off Your Shoulder".

after that NORE cut, came Banks Im So Fly and Xzibit's Hey Now.. then The Game joint.

Danja wanted to ghost produce for Timbo.. he is from VA and he was a major inspiration. That's how ghosting works.. you put in work and wait your turn, and after some time u will get ure fame. along with that, timbo could sell the danja beats for 200K+ where as no name danja woulda never been able to.

check Hannon Lane for example, he was ghosting for Tim before danja but didnt want to wait his turn and peaced out, and after he saw danja get his shine he came back and has done lots of shit again like on the madonna album or that flo rida song.

timbo's producers are nasty.. ie. royal court too.

well I lost the black album book but I can google it

but your wrong pimp lol

http://slumz.boxden.com/showthread.php?t=940057

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=10026

skitzo

- Clipse -
AveMcree said:
well I lost the black album book but I can google it

but your wrong pimp lol

http://slumz.boxden.com/showthread.php?t=940057

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=10026
lol dude im not wrong. last year danja had a contest on his myspace saying who ever could guess his first song to be on the radio would be his #1 friend.. and i won. i got screen shots to prove it. i didnt wanna say that shit as if im tryin to sound like a know it all.. but he wasnt on the black album. i have the album im lookin right at it. lol.

MikeDoubleD

What's the difference between a producer & a beatmaker?

Answer, 42.

Beat makers are ALWAYS and in ALL WAYS "producers". They produced a beat. Producers aren't always beat makers.

Producers DO benefit from the skills and talent of "beat makers", and vice-versa. Nobody is an island. Think about all aspects of who is needed to complete certain tasks. Does the person who took the photo for an album cover deserve being made to sound less important because someone else did "cover design". Anyone could have taken the shot, right? Including the cover designer.. Because we all know that taking pictures is completely easy and requires no knowledge of lighting, perspective, or understanding of what will happen after the shoot.

If you want to stand out from the competition, be yourself. You are unique and have something to say.

MikeDoubleD