• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Where Will Hip-hop/rap Be In Five Years?

D.V.US

Where Do You Think We Are Headed. Given The Current Fast Paced, Stamp And Release State Of The Industry. Where Will Rap Be In 5 Years? What Will It Sound Like?

da blur

ProfessionalEntertainment
One word:
URBAN-RAP-R&B-ROCK-GHETTO-BOOTY-POPPIN-TECHNO-FUNK
(URRRGBPTF)

Last edited:

ICIP

haha ^^..5 years? i believe all the rappers who be lyin in they verses gonna get they card pulled

da blur

ICIP said:
haha ^^..5 years? i believe all the rappers who be lyin in they verses gonna get they card pulled
Ha i was wondering what that phrase ment.. hear it all the time in songs. Does it mean it's your time as if you were sittin in line like in beetle juice...

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o88/Slatah/982006_0914_beetlejuice294.jpg

and they finally call your number..

also hear "Front the bill" a lot.. does that mean Pay on time? as in Pay your phone bill on time or even in advance.

^ both on The-Dream's album which you rated as one of your Top 10 albums

Last edited:

da blur

ICIP said:
yea somethin like da beetlejuice thang lol..naw mayne cmon they gonna get exposed
Yea, sort of like how everyone loved 50 cent OOH HE GOT SHOT 9 TIMES!! 9 TIMES! Thats all you heard, then we found out it was 3... and he started singin like Ja..now he's a big joke

ICIP

lol but at least 50 *aint got completely shut down like ya..Lil Flip..Vanilla Ice..mobb deep etc haha

*edit

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
LOL...sound wise, it's a hard call. Everything in rap seems to come back with a new face. I always feel that the live instrument sound will never die, and people will always sample or flip older songs...but copyright issues have been making it hard to sample, and for the last 6-8 years, some of the best album cuts have been getting left off because the sample wasn't cleared.

I think the 80's style drums will always be flipped, and the overall 80's rap sound will always be re-juvenated. I don't think anything that's hot now would be hot in 5 years, although something could possibly evolve from the sounds out now. I'm sure that the South will still ride the slowest tempos, and the East and West will still use 90-95 BPM tracks the most.

steelwheels

well in 5 years digital music will have killed off cd sales for ever, a few djs and ol skoolaz will still rock vinyl, we will all be waiting on The Carter 5, Beyonce & Jigga will be havin marital probs, 50cent and Yayo will put out a crap GUnit album, there will be another 10.000 rappers called Yung so-n-so, production will get simpler and more Soulja Boy-esque, and apart from that nothing at all will be any different except petrol will be $10 a gallon (and thats no joke yall)

Kaijin

Producer.
steelwheels said:
well in 5 years digital music will have killed off cd sales for ever, a few djs and ol skoolaz will still rock vinyl, we will all be waiting on The Carter 5, Beyonce & Jigga will be havin marital probs, 50cent and Yayo will put out a crap GUnit album, there will be another 10.000 rappers called Yung so-n-so, production will get simpler and more Soulja Boy-esque, and apart from that nothing at all will be any different except petrol will be $10 a gallon (and thats no joke yall)
Word. And to top it all off, we will still be waiting for Crunk Rock.

JSupreem

a.k.a ALien Supreem
I think the conscious era will come back. 95% of these rappers just talk senseless. Some can make the senseless sound dope, the others really on dope-ass beatz and hooks. Everything gets recycled.

da blur

Originally Posted by steelwheels
10.000 rappers called Yung so-n-so, production will get simpler and more Soulja Boy-esque
ha how can you get more simpler than SB. hes got like 4 samples in his songs.
are they gonna make their name just " Lil' " <thats it/
and rap over 1 hand clap or with no beat at all