• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Who are your top 5 producers right now?

djmistayung205

In no particular order...I rep the Souf so I do have a slightly biased opinion

Drumma Boy---do I really have to say? hmm...Jeezy, Joc...the whole South!
Shawty Redd---his cadence and pads are amazing
DJ Montay---check the credits...Low, Walk It Out, 2-Step...the list goes on
Khao---reps my home state and does it well
Swizz Beatz---mega producer...goes without saying

I'm sure I left someone out...no offense, but these are the 1st five that came to mind.

Midwest Connect

midwest productions
Hmmm...

No particular order...

Drumma Boy - Like dude said above, shit is crazy and he keeps bringin heat and hits!
Marvelous J - Aint heard one weak beat from the dude, and his shit is hard!
Honorable C-Note - The best unknown producer youve never heard of! This dude right here is probably the hottest producer comin out of the ATL! Check him out, dude is HEAT.
Young Juve - Remember Ridin Rims? Yep he made that beat, his beats are really gutta and street and he keep bringin heat!! Alot of people sleepin on him but he gone wake them up soon.
DJ Montay - Love his beats, they perfect for the clubs and not to mention when you listen to a Montay beat, your trunk sounds like its trying to explode!

FLORIDABOY727

FLORIDA MODERATOR
THE PHARMECEUTICALS (DROOP-E (E-40'S SON) & OTHER DUDE)
DAZ DILLINGER (ALWAYS BANGIN)
MONTANA TRAX (8 WAYS ENT. 8BALL'S LABEL FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW)
Drumma Boy (ALWAYS DIG THE SHIT HE DOES WITH PASTOR TROY & OTHERS)
Marvelous J (AIN'T HEARD NOTHING FROM J I DIDN'T LIKE)

NO PARTICULAR ORDER

Last edited:

djmistayung205

yep Marvelous J was right there with the other 5...just thought about Swizzy cuz he's crazy with the whole production things...credits included

Honorable C-Note snapped on that new Yola but that's about all I heard from him...imma keep an ear out tho

R. Pizano

DJ/Producer- 408 Bay Area
1. Timbo - I dont know bout yall, but timbo to me has been the number one producer right now, dude had atleast 12 songs (i believe it was) last year he produced that made top 10 charts, he was the songwriter of the year according to ascap, and the albums he did were amazing, - madonnas album is just another example of how great of a producer he is - his mind is amazing

2. Kanye - Reason i put kanye as number 2, is the fact that he had to goto timbo for help on stronger. But kanye been killin it with commons album last year, his graduation album is bananas - that production on there is just amazing, the way the drums knock hard and all - just amazing stuff...

3. Akon - before you all hate on me for saying it, just look at all the stuff he has done - solo and non-solo. Nearly everything u hear him on, he's produced, and u hear him all the time. Alot of his joints are heat too, you cant deny that this guy is talented if u like him or not

4. Will.I.Am - As much as im not a fan of black eyed peas, Will.I.Am does have some hot production. He's versatile, and he can make some dope stuff. He has to be on the top 5 right now, cuz truthfully he doing something right if Michael Jackson is having him do his next album

5. Neptunes - they are finally coming back around bringing that hot music, tho it can be argued that they shouldnt be on this list right now, but they pop up in my mind

List will most likely change as a producer name strikes my head

FLORIDABOY727

FLORIDA MODERATOR
R. Pizano said:
1. Timbo - I dont know bout yall, but timbo to me has been the number one producer right now, dude had atleast 12 songs (i believe it was) last year he produced that made top 10 charts, he was the songwriter of the year according to ascap, and the albums he did were amazing, - madonnas album is just another example of how great of a producer he is - his mind is amazing

2. Kanye - Reason i put kanye as number 2, is the fact that he had to goto timbo for help on stronger. But kanye been killin it with commons album last year, his graduation album is bananas - that production on there is just amazing, the way the drums knock hard and all - just amazing stuff...

3. Akon - before you all hate on me for saying it, just look at all the stuff he has done - solo and non-solo. Nearly everything u hear him on, he's produced, and u hear him all the time. Alot of his joints are heat too, you cant deny that this guy is talented if u like him or not

4. Will.I.Am - As much as im not a fan of black eyed peas, Will.I.Am does have some hot production. He's versatile, and he can make some dope stuff. He has to be on the top 5 right now, cuz truthfully he doing something right if Michael Jackson is having him do his next album

5. Neptunes - they are finally coming back around bringing that hot music, tho it can be argued that they shouldnt be on this list right now, but they pop up in my mind

List will most likely change as a producer name strikes my head
DON'T KNOW WHY I FORGOT ABOUT TIMBO HE'S BEEN ON FIRE SINCE THE GET GO

DJ CrAka Jac

beat fiend boy!
djmistayung205 said:
Honorable C-Note snapped on that new Yola but that's about all I heard from him...imma keep an ear out tho
You probably have but didn't know it. C-notes produced 2 new tracks off Flo-ridas album such as "American Superstar" and "Dont know how to act". He also produced the Trey songz remix "Cant Help but wait" along with Blaqsmurf.
Ill be posting new stuff with c-note to let you all know the hottest producer.

djmistayung205

DJ CrAka Jac said:
You probably have but didn't know it..."American Superstar"...He also produced the Trey songz remix "Cant Help but wait"...
American Superstar is the tightest joint on the album IMO...can't go wrong with that Trey Songz with the ladies...yea he IS pretty good then.

DJ enCore

Top 5 right now...hmmm.

JR Rotem
Drumma Boy
Shawty Redd
Mr. Lee
Polow Da Don

honorable mention Mouse On Tha Track.

Last edited:

da blur

ProfessionalEntertainment
Neptunes - Has to be my favorite producers of all times... created thousands of hit records. Really got me into music.

Dr. Dre - probably the best producer of our time, although I like Neptune's style a little more so ill put him 2nd

Timbaland the mans a genius, although he just steals a lot of stuff, he can flip it into a banger.

Scott Storch - keyboard killer with the strings & drums/ lived under Dres wing for a while but branched out to a super producer in his own right

Kanye - well deserved to make top 5 or 10 for his masterful sampling and production skills

right behind kanye i would have to say my other fav producer would be
... Jermain Dupri - the man makes hit records...i can't hate
or R. Kelly .. As a producer R. Kelly knows exactly how to deliver classic songs.

>top 5 now and forever

others fav:
Danja (already said timbo but he shares same spot as timbo
SS & Dre kind of fall under same spot also.)
Trackmasters, beatnutz, Runners, Cool & Dre, Just Blaze, MF Doom, R.Les, B.Cox, Soundz, Jdilla, Hi-Tek, Premier, Pete Rock...

Last edited:

Supa Floyd

I would have to say Dre, Timbo, Kanye, Neptunes, and Supa Floyd lol.
The reason i say those guys is because they have a strong brand for their music, plus the killing the music outside of typical tracks. they on commercials and movies.

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
For today, meaning the last 6-12 months...it's hard to say, because the last year or so hasn't been dominated by superproducers like 2000-2005.

I'd say Polow is there...possibly Drumma Boy...Swizz Beatz for singles but not for whole albums....Just Blaze even though he hasn't done as much recently....J.R. Rotem deeefinitely....Timbaland definitely

For all time, it's completely different. Dre is easily #1 with Primo probably being the closest at #2. Timbaland might be top five all time...for East Coast, Pete Rock is way up there...J.D. possibly...even though his style usually comes from what's hot at the time, he'll add his twist to it. DJ Quik is my favorite because of what he does musically, but for rap, I probably wouldn't say he's quite top 5, only because his track record isn't as strong as others.

Kaijin

Producer.
1. Mysto and Pizzi. Although they've had a few major placements, they're still on the come-up. These two producers have a lot of dedication and talent. They release hit material, whether it be an original beat or a remix. I can forsee them doing well in the future. They're gonna be huge! They're the main reason I started production. They're inspirational.

2. MaddScientist / Oak. I'm placing these two together because their styles are so similar. They've produced a lot of hit records for the rnb industry. Music for Love, by Mario, was one of my favorite records last year. After the Club, by Rock City, is one of my favorites thus far this year. Both were produced by MaddScientist. Oak is doin' big things, too.

3. Timbaland / Danja. Again, I'm placing them together because they have similar styles. We all know Timbaland has been around for years. Danja I just heard from recently. They have too many hits to name. Timbaland doesn't get my number spot because, even though he makes hits, he has a lot of records out there that I dislike.

4. Young L. Sure, most of his beats are generic and all sound the same, but this cat has creativity. For the sounds that he does use, he meshes them together well. Just listen to any Pack song and you'll see what I mean. He uses all sorts of whistles, beeps, buzzes, strings, etc.

5. Akon. Konvict! Akon's an all-around guy. He sings, rap, produces, and manages his own label. As a producer, he has talent. I love his style.

Honorable mention:
- Stargate
- Soundz
- Ryan Leslie
- Darkchild
- The Runners

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
Oh yeah, I'd put the Runners over Drumma Boy and maybe even Just Blaze for the last year. They just use the same sounds and style toooo much.