• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Dj Drama Got Arrested For Selling His Mix Cd's

DJ Twyst

HOOD HARD DJ'S
Exactly!!! I'm Not Glorifying That He Got Arrested!!! I'm Pissed That That The Riaa Arrested Him For Making His Own Music And The Name And Reputation He Holds!!! I Look Up To Drama And Cannon And That's Fucked Up!!!

djinfamousone

STILL INFAMOUS!!
this is crazy ... no dj clue, no whoo kid.....motherfuckin dj drama and don cannon .... and they sayin they been watchin this for a while.....was it cause of how many they been sellin or cause they been pushin too much music .... bullshit

MKage

Radio / Night Club DJ
Yes it is messed up. We - as DJs - took this game up a notch with our mixtapes and now they are responding back. Let's not get it twisted, as long as Drama, or any of us for that matter, puts a recording company's song (ie: Island; RCA; Atlantic; Jive) on anything we sell without getting the proper permission, we ALL are violating the law and are subject to arrest. As DJs selling mixtape of our customers favorite artists we got our own "dope game" going on. So, instead of everyone yelling and screaming how messed up this is - because it is - it is time for us - as DJs - to come together once again and step this mixtape thing up to yet another level. Perfect place is in Tallahassee on January 31. TJ's quarterly conference. If none of you have ever been, I'll let you know that it's topics like these that are addressed.

This should let us all know that we need to watch our backs with this game we're in... and just to make sure you know where I stand... this is mos def messed up!

DJ Twyst

HOOD HARD DJ'S
MKage said:
Yes it is messed up. We - as DJs - took this game up a notch with our mixtapes and now they are responding back. Let's not get it twisted, as long as Drama, or any of us for that matter, puts a recording company's song (ie: Island; RCA; Atlantic; Jive) on anything we sell without getting the proper permission, we ALL are violating the law and are subject to arrest. As DJs selling mixtape of our customers favorite artists we got our own "dope game" going on. So, instead of everyone yelling and screaming how messed up this is - because it is - it is time for us - as DJs - to come together once again and step this mixtape thing up to yet another level. Perfect place is in Tallahassee on January 31. TJ's quarterly conference. If none of you have ever been, I'll let you know that it's topics like these that are addressed.

This should let us all know that we need to watch our backs with this game we're in... and just to make sure you know where I stand... this is mos def messed up!
TRUE TRUE!!!

furia

el chosen one
From my other post in the other forum:

u know why they arrested DJ Drama? its not for his CDs or whatever. Its only for one reason. What reason? Coz he looks a tiny bit slighty like a terrorist. I mean, straight up, he does look a bit like a Muslim and a terrorist he really does. Thats the only reason why those feds want to arrest him. Makes you feel sick dont it? The power elite simply dont like to have someone successful who looks a bit like Moqtadr El-Sada since that the US are gettin fucked over in Iraq just like they did in Vietnam. Thats what this bullshit is all about. Man the sooner Bush gets fucked out of office and some sanity prevails in the world, the better.
Its bigger than the RIAA and all that ish. Everyone knows that billions of illegal downloads and bootlegs get made everyday, every minute, all around the world. And one dude gets arrested. Just like billions of joints get smoked every minute of every day, and the one guy who is in the wrong place wrong time gets busted. Drama's only mistake is lookin Middle Eastern at the time when the US foreign policy is well n truly fucked up. Thats his only crime.

djtwizt

twizt_2000@yahoo.com
HUH! I think yall missing the point! Drama got arrested for BOOTLEGGIN other peoples shit! he was gettin paid off BOOTLEGGIN thousands of other Dj's shit, Not for making his own mixtpes! RIAA could give a fuck about a Dj making mixtapes but when you got a studio going 24/7 and taking other Dj's shit and bootleggin them on the internet then I ain't too concerned with what happened to Drama King!

DJ Twyst

HOOD HARD DJ'S
djtwizt said:
HUH! I think yall missing the point! Drama got arrested for BOOTLEGGIN other peoples shit! he was gettin paid off BOOTLEGGIN thousands of other Dj's shit, Not for making his own mixtpes! RIAA could give a fuck about a Dj making mixtapes but when you got a studio going 24/7 and taking other Dj's shit and bootleggin them on the internet then I ain't too concerned with what happened to Drama King!
WELL THEY ONLY SHOWED THEM CONFISCATING GANGSTA GRILLZ MIX CD'S ON THE NEWS THE LINK IS UP THERE SHOWING IT.

FLORIDABOY727

FLORIDA MODERATOR
All I Got To Say Is How The Fuck Do You Get Arrested For Making You Own Fuckin Cd's I Mean They Got His Name On Them Their His It Ain't Like He Was Bootlegging Someone Elses Shit.
\what The Fuck.

FLORIDABOY727

FLORIDA MODERATOR
MKage said:

IF THE MAJORS HAD ANY FUCKIN BRAINS AT ALL THEY WOULD THANK DJS FOR PUTTING A SONG FROM ONE OF THEIR ARTISTS ON THEIR CD IT HELPS PROMOTE THE ALBUM. AND IF SOMEONE SAYS THE RADIO WELL PEOPLE LIKE ME DON'T LISTEN TO THE FUCKIN RADIO I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO NO SHIT THEY PUT ON IT'S ALL MAJOR SHIT. ALL I BUMP IS CDS. THE ONLY RADIO I LISTEN TO IS ESPN.

MKage

Radio / Night Club DJ
FLORIDABOY727 said:
All I Got To Say Is How The Fuck Do You Get Arrested For Making You Own Fuckin Cd's I Mean They Got His Name On Them Their His It Ain't Like He Was Bootlegging Someone Elses Shit.
\what The Fuck.
Quick lesson - when ever you go into a studio to do recording the place where the original songs are recorded onto (such as computer hard drive or reel-to-reel tape) is called the Masters. Who ever pays the bills to do the recording owns the Masters. Let's say you pay for your own studio time and record the best ish anyone ever heard - so good you get a call from Island/Def Jam to give you a deal. They will pay you $XXX,000 to get you on their label with a 3 cd deal (yes this is unrealistic, but bear with me). Once you agree to that you may have just signed over the ownership rights to the songs you have already recorded to a label that wants to make money. Now, let's put the two together - MC Whoop-dee-whoop decides to do a Gangsta Grillz mixtape with Drama and says "here's some of my new joints off of my new cd that ain't been released yet, and let's fill in the gaps with some freestyle rhymes." The problem comes about when MC Whoop-dee-whoop thinks that since it is his music he has control of it. As long as a label owns MC Whoop-dee-whoop's masters then that label owns that song. Now there are a few (very few) big artist that own their own masters, but to get a label to give you your masters will take hell freezing over and an act of congress. Michael Jackson is HATED by Paul McCartney to this day because Mike owns the masters to the Beatles songs. Paul doesn't see a dime for anytime a song he wrote/performed/created gets played on a commercial - Mike does. Why did they go after Drama??? Because labels were losing money to him and they were not getting any of it.

This action let's us know how HUGE Drama has become. This is not racially motivated - this is political. This is the same thing that artists are doing to these on the corner bootleggers, but the labels are using the laws so they won't have to spend any of their money to get Drama to stop selling their property. Drama is in the lime-light, he can be seen, and as we saw he can be touched.

This business we're in is not about love for the music - it's about who, at the end of the day, made the most money. Yes we do love the game, but we're just the players - not the owners. Do you think the CEO of Warner Music Group has the latest Trick Daddy cd in player (Slip-N-Slide is under Atlantic which is under Warner)? He just cares how many units have been moved. It's time we open our eyes and get in the game.

djhollaime

i couldnt believe dis shit when i first heard it, dis is crazy, FREE DRAMA, and das real talk, da game is gettin all fucked up

DJ Scorpio

aka Big Daddy
DJ Twyst said:
WELL THEY ONLY SHOWED THEM CONFISCATING GANGSTA GRILLZ MIX CD'S ON THE NEWS THE LINK IS UP THERE SHOWING IT.
I did see a box with Beanie Seagel's name on it...

Being sure who owns what when signing those contracts is something that needed to well understand by whoever is signing to the company...it sucks that they got arrested...but when playing with fire on the level they were playing.....

Wizkidd

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow this shit aint gonna stand though. Drama is signed to Atlantic Records, there gonna have his back. You can't just lock up one of the top 2 mixtape DJs in the world for putting out mixtapes. DJ Drama has an army behind him. Whats next Clinton Sparks? This shit will blow over.

MKage

Radio / Night Club DJ
Wizkidd said:
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow this shit aint gonna stand though. Drama is signed to Atlantic Records, there gonna have his back. You can't just lock up one of the top 2 mixtape DJs in the world for putting out mixtapes. DJ Drama has an army behind him. Whats next Clinton Sparks? This shit will blow over.
Yeah this is going to blow over just like the authorities are STILL blowing over radio stations and record labels for payola scandals. Looks to me like someone's saying "If I'm going down I'm takin a bunch of y'all with me." Labels get in trouble with payola so they make a big stink about bootlegging to take some of the attention off of them.

Sorry to say Wiz - if you ask me, this is just the beginning.

djmrking

New Blog Created For Djs To Show Their Support & Voice Opinions

NEW BLOG CREATED FOR DJS TO SHOW THEIR SUPPORT & VOICE OPINIONS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In support of DJ Drama, DJ Don Cannon and the Aphilliates, Tha Takeover Productions have teamed with The Aphilliates to create an online blog for DJs to voice their opinions, thoughts, comments and concerns in regards to the recent events of Tuesday night.

For those who may not heard yet, Drama, Cannon and 17 other memebers of the Aphilliates were arrested after the Gangsta Grillz studio was raided by the Fulton County Police and the RIAA. Approximatley 50,000 CDs, recording equipment, computers and cars were confiscated during the raid.

While some of you may think this is a promotional effort fro Drama in midst of his Gangsta Grillz Album next month, this is VERY VERY SERIOUS. Please ban together as DJs, fans and music lovers and show your supprort for two pioneer DJs in the game.

P.S.

Some of your comments and thoughts might also be helpful in making a permanent change in the "Industry". The same "Industry" that begs and pleads with DJs to break their music but throws them under the bus at a time in need.

Just our thoughts!!!

POST YOUR COMMENTS HERE:
freeaphilliates.blogspot.com/

djtwizt

twizt_2000@yahoo.com
He was Bootleggin other Dj's ish!

DJ Twyst said:
Come on think about it they ain't gonna shut you down for doing mixtapes unless you moving units, but he is signed to a major label so RIAA ain't going after him as much for his own shit as much as they are for other peoples shit.

This is why they got shut down! I'm sure someone snitched him out cause he was gettin too big and doing it off other peoples shit is wrong period!

In his defense if it was just him and his crews mixtapes then no problem, but I don't think RIAA would waste they time other than he movin too many units.

On the other side this could be bad news for Drama because he already wasn't liked in the East Coast before he went to ATL anyway!

As far as his label I'm not so sure they will get behind him on this if it is found that he was bootleggin other Dj's and artists mixtapes.

I don't like the industry and RIAA as much as the next Dj but if he was bootleggin and making a livin off of other Dj's work then u should get shut down?

Last edited: