• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Labels anti extendeds mixes! Must read!

djvoodoo

I received a notification via my email and from mediafire file hosting site that files I had uploaded (Dj Voodoo Club Extends Vol 22 & 23) had been removed by Universal Records by an employee named David Benjamin (as was on the mediafire notice with his email attached)...Upon reading further, I noticed that in this case they referred to Nicki Minaj's tracks. (Roman's Revenge and Right Through Me)

I sent them an email sending my deepest apologies for extending and distributing tracks which rightfully belong to Universal music.

Although honestly not a viable excuse for doing what I do BEST...my extended volumes and others like mine on tjsdjs.com are strictly for Promotional use only and are NEVER sold. As him being a label enforcer i shared to him that Dj's use extended version with intros and outros as this makes music easier to mix with. In all essence Djs & Remixers like myself are the ones on the ground pushing the latest music to the consumer via mixing in clubs and radio stations. Yes...They make it BUT we break it to the Crowd who in turn love and purchase it.

I honestly do not have licenses to modify and re-distribute tracks & that's why opposed to other Dj's & sites who sell Extended mixes, I give away my volumes free to thousands of djs universally who in turn push music. MTV, Channel O, MTV Base, Trace and Radio Stations etc. do their bit in pushing music but the Clubbing and Entertainment scene is also extremely huge and should not be taken lightly.

Not saying that i deserve a medal for pushing their music as I'm fully aware that billions are invested into the production of music, but also asked for a way in which we could perhaps work together. I spend countless hours and I do this for the love and not for the money...and in a way I'm the bridge between the Artist and the Consumer.

Once again I offered my humblest apologies as I see this as a HUGE problem, and asked as to how I could fix this. Im still awaiting a response as I just sent this email. I will Keep you guys posted.

I googled David Benjamin @ Universal Records! He aint an errand boy...This guy is SERIOUSLY A BIG FISH!
The topic READ: DAVID BENJAMIN NAMED SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, ANTI-PIRACY, UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP!
Read more of him here: http://www.universalmusic.com/corporate/news35192

Any thoughts?
Thanks...
Dj Voodoo.

(Admin I would appreciate it if this topic were not deleted)

Last edited:

djedub

Never heard of Mediafire removing for copyright infringements... And that guys name is probably the default name they use to represent UMG on all the notifications, so I would say not to worry that much. Same as they do on Soundcloud. I could be wrong though, like I said, I've never heard of Mediafire doing that.

DJHilalo

Keep it up man and hopefully none of dat B'$1T is 4 real and we all R in da same boat here, U got our full support mate and plz keep us in touch, hope all goes well ...

djvoodoo

Never heard of Mediafire removing for copyright infringements... And that guys name is probably the default name they use to represent UMG on all the notifications, so I would say not to worry that much. Same as they do on Soundcloud. I could be wrong though, like I said, I've never heard of Mediafire doing that.
Yo...The Guy could probably be too busy to do it himself...but serious...I logged onto mediafire to upload a track and it said that certain files had been removed..i thought that link had died, but when I looked closely it had those extra details...

UrNotLikeMe79

I'm In Diego Bitch
This has been happening to alot of remixers lately making rihanna remixes.These emails are going out daily now i know Dj Audio 1 and Dj Manik have also got a cease and desist and certain remixes have been banned in germany its a little crazy.

muscldancr

dont worry about it....

its just a threat...

if they were serious about it ALL remixes that aren't official would be illegal and Yourremix, crack4djs, av8 ........... ETC, would all be removed.....

djedub

dont worry about it....

its just a threat...

if they were serious about it ALL remixes that aren't official would be illegal and Yourremix, crack4djs, av8 ........... ETC, would all be removed.....
Exactly. They would go after the 'big fish' first, so to say, rather than an individual. Excellent point Codeman.

DJREDFAZ

man i think that is bs.... because if it wasnt for dj's that love and understand music and use them to make other know how to love and enjoy the songs that they made... how would they push it out any faster..... if its like that i rather listen to underground plus its much better.... what a bunch of retards... man hope everything goes as well for u voodoo...

djnachovega

Nacho Vega (SSM)
Voodoo I got these as well through Sound Cloud as a Copyright Infringement Trouble Ticket from Universal Regarding Lil Wayne's - Gonorrhea. I just re-posted the Edits I don't think you should apologize or even email David Benjamin. He is a VP on paper of a division that is small and understaffed. I actually do distribute my stuff to DMS and others and I really don't care.

To keep it 100% honest through DMS I have everyone including Artist that DJ or Hobby at DJing like Lil John, Kanye West, 50 Cent, Katy Perry and all the Coked Out Celebrity DJ's in America and guess what it's in their possession too so don't trip it's been going on for years.

Be happy they know who we are.

Nacho Vega Signing Off! And David Benjamin if you read this blog feel free to contact me just so I can tell you how I am going to keep doing this long after you lost your Bullshit Job at Universal.

Peace

DJ Tygre

It's long-standing legal question: One a track is independently remixed, is it still bound by copyright? Technically, a whole new track has been created, so one arguement says it isn't subject to copyright. But yet, the original was used to create said track... it's a battle to be fought in the courtrooms...

Your work here is appreciated, Voodoo, and all others like you who remix the music that rocks the clubs... seeing as you ain't charging for your 'work' (and I hesitate to use that word, prefering to call it a 'labor of love') I don't feel you should be singled out. I'd say 'keep up the good work', but I don't want to see you penalized for it... so I'll just say 'Rock On!'

Keep The Faith,
DJ Tygre

djday

i somewhat understand the labels side of it, because its "their" music... But u are uploading the extends for DJS only!! You're not posting em on iTunes or nothing. A lot of DJs rely (myself included) on extended from you, DJ Graff, DJ Slick, among others. The only prob i see is if u make extends of tracks that havent been released yet. But from a DJ standpoint that builds anticipation for when the tracks are released, and aren't DJs supposed to get music b4 the public anyways??? Im just sayin...

da blur

ProfessionalEntertainment
They probably just hire people to go surf the net and report anything and just say it's from that UMG / David Benjamin like youtube and wont even respond back to your email...you think out of all the billions of files online that one David Benjamin dude found your link and flagged it?

Although you ARE Stealing/Modifying their product, you are helping real DJs who help them sell records and they need DJs and they know it..I know a lot of Record Companies that actually LEAK their music themselves and give free promo cds to DJs...That's what they are for -PROMOTION- you can't sell something nobody knows anything about. And with digital data that you can copy and easy, it's pretty much free promotion. I know Extends aren't really much editing but an intro/outro, sometimes with a hype and almost seems like the same file but it's really for Djs to help transition into songs... And the other sites that make remixes, some of the remixes are so hot some of the big name Artist play them themselves like Lil Jon... Seen him DJing some user-remixes of his own songs, as well as Will.I.Am, Travis McCoy as well as others too, so they goes to show that even these artist themselves don't mind remixes and sometimes they are even hotter than the original song and help keep buzz in their songs.

Sometimes they leak them to see what the response is and to create a buzz Like ThisIs50 does too, 50 is smart and knows how to work the streets to get them to go buy a real album by puting out free good mixtapes..He basically took a liking to the Blogs of the internet and made it legal and probably gets permission from the Artist/LAbles to post the songs that "leak". Kanye west... GOOD friday, giving away free music EVERY friday until christmas...Swizz Beats Monster Mondays.. same thing ......Think lloyd banks is doin blue friday or some shit too... Also how can songs that do leak be considered copy-written if they get leaked out before theyre even finished?

J.Cole just put out album worthy mixtape for FREE why because the old tactics of music industry aren't really working anymore..
My online friend's site got a email notice for copyright infringement, for postings MP3s a while ago and he wrote back saying he actually had permission from the record labels and he knows the managers of some of these artists...and guess what his site is still up and running. And he works for a record company now (Grand Hustle) and he told me they actually PAY HIM to post new songs because he has so much traffic of DJS!!

but But just to be safe I would lay low and stop using Mediafire...and reply to the E-mail saying sorry It will not happen again
because they might have your IP logged and be watching closer to you specifically now (Not really likely but who knows) so you shouldn't try to be a hero and fight the case...and name your albums like DJVDEv23.dll or something with a password on the archive if you are going to continue to share your extends..but i believe since said FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY so they can't really sue since youre not selling it

Mr. Horowitz commented, “At a time when two out of every five albums sold globally are pirated recordings and online piracy jeopardizes the livelihood of artists, songwriters, and all those who work in our industry...
first of all how the hell do they know exactly and
so what they still make trillions of dollars and maybe if they made more albums worth the money people would go buy them instead of the 99cent singles or bootleg them which only take 3 seconds with a google search. and they need to take that up with google, these Free file hostings sites.. But they can always claim they clearly state in the their Disclaimers not to post (c) files but obviously millions of people still do. And as long as they say they are doing the best they can to delete and filter them out they can't really shut them down. And google doesn't host any files it simply points you to where their are.
All I can think of is that South Park episode where U2 or someone says Awe man now I have to get a regular swimming pool instead of a gold plated swimming pool..we got retards like Birdman giving baby 1 millino dollars CASH for his bday and 1 million dollar WATCH.....
(and dudes never even paid JIM JONSIN FOR LOLLIPOP ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS.) point is if artist make GOOD MUSIC..the fans will support them! Sometimes people even Download songs to see if they like them then if they do they go support them because they want to continue to hear more from them.

Last edited: