• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Mixer Acting Up

slayed

DJ Slayed Syzmor
My channel 1 will only play the left sometimes. Ill be DJing for like a half hour and then all of a sudden channel 1 drops the right signal.

Im pretty sure its my mixer because if I switch the left and right coming out of the SL1 box the left still only plays.

Does anyone know what could be wrong with my mixer? (Numark DXM Pro)
If not, is there any way I can set channel 1 in ScratchLive to be mono so I dont lose the right side?

gswift

I'd suggest swapping all three faders for Innofaders...better cut and more flexibilty to adjust..

bluefan101

Registered Post Offender
Could be your faders, but it could also be that as the board heats you lose the connection from board to line out on that left channel. Check that.

slayed

DJ Slayed Syzmor
bluefan101 said:
Could be your faders, but it could also be that as the board heats you lose the connection from board to line out on that left channel. Check that.
How do I check that? This is only my second mixer and Ive never opened one up or anything.

bluefan101

Registered Post Offender
You would actually need to open it up and check the solder points on the board. If you don't feel comfortable doing that I would take it to an electrician.

DJ Intense

Bigstevegee said:
My box used to do that then i upgraded my rca cables and it hasnt given me problems since
yeah...get some good rca's and change all ur faders for innofaders. innofaders are the shit...

DJ RED

DJ Godfather
lol. my Rane ttm57 mixer on channel one sometimes only the right side comes out on the speakers. i gotta mess with the balance knob all the time to get it to stay on both/all the speakers. channel 2 is fine it's just #1. should i open it and fix it myself? i think i'll do dat. lol.

slayed

DJ Slayed Syzmor
I still have this problem sometimes.
When it happens, if I flick the power on and off a couple times it corrects it?
My warranty is up so Im not afraid to open the mixer to check solder points, but I know nothing about changing faders?