• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

R.I.P. James Brown

djunity

Bum Squad
The Godfather Of Soul...the man that truly changed the game and trust me rap music would not be the same with out this mans influence

R. Pizano

DJ/Producer- 408 Bay Area
That was the first thing i read/heard when i woke up this morning. It's sad, may he rest in peace, but it also makes us realize we need to start celebrating people's existence when they alive - so let's all start celebrating the lives of Michael Jackson and Prince while they are still with us.

jimmymiro12

The Remix Master
I was very sad to here this and i found out about it today Very upsetting to hear this.

Always loved
I got that feelin'

Always makes me think of The Cosby Show whne they performed that song.

Dj MiRo

Wizkidd

djunity said:
The Godfather Of Soul...the man that truly changed the game and trust me rap music would not be the same with out this mans influence

not only is he the most sampled artist in music, but the original break beats are either samples or derivatives of James Browns drum compostions. Thats where the soul of hip-hop comes from. He couln't read or write music, he just knew what was in his heart and what to tell musicians to play. Dude is a true legend.

Whats crazy is I just saw him perform at the UK hall of fame awards where he was inducted a few weeks ago, dude still had it over 70. Trust there will be tribute mixtapes.

jimmymiro12

The Remix Master
Wizkidd said:
not only is he the most sampled artist in music, but the original break beats are either samples or derivatives of James Browns drum compostions. Thats where the soul of hip-hop comes from. He couln't read or write music, he just knew what was in his heart and what to tell musicians to play. Dude is a true legend.

Whats crazy is I just saw him perform at the UK hall of fame awards where he was inducted a few weeks ago, dude still had it over 70. Trust there will be tribute mixtapes.
i hope there are tribute mixtapes

dj miro

jimmyjamal

Product of the Early 70's
JB crossed every cultural divide imagineable. Ever see a wedding dancefloor when JB is thrown on the decks?? Sex Machine? What more can I say...

Rest in Peace Godfather.