• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Sooo I Witness My First "Fake" DJ performance

dj rebel

Washingtons #1 Latin DJ
well i never thought that i would ever get to meet a "fake" dj but damn i did...

So heres the lil story:

Some dj came from another town to my resident spot...i didn't pay any attention to his song selection or mixing but i did notice when he dropped a Dj Reaction Demo mix which i download off this site a while ago

My first thought was that he was going to take a break and thats why he put on that mix...but then one of the other djs told me to go with him to the dj booth...i went..and when i got in there..sure enough,,,the dj was pretending as though he was the one mixing the tracks!!! i was like OMG is he really doing this? lol...

Then like an hour later i go back to the booth to check him out again...he couldn't mix one single track without looking at his laptop. i was like "man this dude needs to get slapped"

So yeah theres my story.

Have any of you guys seen a fake dj performance???

Misterdje

Misterdje
LOL!! That was funny!! Not Uncommon in today's techno savy laptop dj world!! I've seen quite a few myself as always in the end they get found out and put on blast!!! So hopefully you did your part and outed the FAKE for what he truly was!! People like him give LEGIT DJ's A Bad Name!! And Not only that he's stealing someone else's product and claimin it as his own without givin proper due!! "Bastard!!!" REAL DJ's STAND UP!!

Conkrete

The problem is the club managers and owners who can't tell the fucking difference and give these losers jobs...Chicago is infested with these fakes

kaos456

i seen something similar when i was at a club in Harrisburg PA. the club (Dragonfly i think) was jumpin 2 floors. 1st floor hip hop the club was packed. the dj wasnt good but wasnt terrible. most just slammed songs (but no kinda sets or vibe to it) and was rockin the mic. 2nd floor reggaeton, the club was packed. the music was bumpin the mixes were on point with the dj rockin the mic & using mad sound efx. the booth was in a glass room so i was checking it out & the DJ wasnt rockin no headphones. so now im paying closer attention & he wasnt even touching the mixer, just hitting the sampler & talking on the mic & dancing with a shorty. what a shame, the strip where the club was at was jumpin, the club was jumpin, but the dj's couldnt mix kool aid. LOL.

mrbuckem

im a new dj and no rule number 1 dont use anotha dj,s mix and if i need a break ill probally have a pre made mix of my own shit!!!

hballer_22

thats actually a good idea to have a pre made mix ready just in case you want to break for a min...never thought of that i always hold my pee till i know i have a song that just barely started and rush myself the the bathroom knocking people over in the process

el_ra

myspace.com/djelra
im a new dj and no rule number 1 dont use anotha dj,s mix and if i need a break ill probally have a pre made mix of my own shit!!!
as long as you give them credit for it and let ppl know its not you i guess it aint too bad

dj rebel

Washingtons #1 Latin DJ
i have a few premade mixes but i never use them since me and my bro switch sets every 45mins...yeah i agree with El Ra. its not bad to play someone elses mixes as long as you give them some credit and not pretend to be mixing the songs yourself....

well the dj is coming back this friday!!!!

what should i do? lol

should i recorded him? hahahaha

adg13

i have a few premade mixes but i never use them since me and my bro switch sets every 45mins...yeah i agree with El Ra. its not bad to play someone elses mixes as long as you give them some credit and not pretend to be mixing the songs yourself....

well the dj is coming back this friday!!!!

what should i do? lol

should i recorded him? hahahaha

Record it.
it'd be like an air guitar

el_ra

myspace.com/djelra
ask friends of yours to go to him and request something, anything that may probably not be in his prerecorded mix. then you're gonna see some sweat pearls forming on dude's forehead! should be fun.
yes but record it

Conkrete

fuck it...video it and post it on youtube...but reffering to what I said earlier who do you blame the idiot faking or the person who actually put him on...it's a damn shame...no I'm not bitter what gave you that idea

devious Davis

haha. wow. there are some real shady cats out there. like i can see someone doing that to either pick up girls or somehow look cool to the untrained eye. but my life is about the music. which apparently theirs is not. fuckin shameful. no respect.

DjFlamez

video it and post it here, youtube it and for kicks i wud post it on my facebook as well!! I wud prefer if u did a rele crap mix than take sum shit from sum1 and act like its urs.

the onli problem with askin friends to make requests is that he might say he didnt bring it along to the set - bt still worth the shot anyways!

DjFlamez

video it and post it here, youtube it and for kicks i wud post it on my facebook as well!! I wud prefer if u did a rele crap mix than take sum shit from sum1 and act like its urs.

the onli problem with askin friends to make requests is that he might say he didnt bring it along to the set - bt still worth the shot anyways!

dj rebel

Washingtons #1 Latin DJ
well i didn't go last friday and im not sure if he's coming back this friday but if he does then im totally gonna try and record...ima pretend that im actually "impressed" with his techniques lmao

DjFlamez

to make it even more interesting, u can ask him for an interview learn hw he got so "gud" afterwards and make it into a documentary on fake djs ;)