• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Using Crooklyn Clan Transitions with teen crowd

DJReMike

i've done a couple of teen parties (sweet 16s, bar/bat mitzvahs, etc) but i havent used transitions in my sets with this age group. I have a party coming up for the 13yr old crowd and i'm thinking about using a transition or two, i'm just wondering if this is something i should save for the older age groups. thoughts?

DJVinny

It depends, most kids at this age are so used to hearing the original track that anything different just doesn't sound right. I've done party's where I tried playing a transition and a few kids came up to me and asked if I have the real version (lol).

My suggestion is feel it out, play a light one, see how they react and you than you will have your answer...

JuanitoDJ

Dj Blaze
My honest opinion is use it, just don't play something that's remixed over rated. I've been mixing with transitions,remixes, blends,etc and people get shock and amazed of what i'm doing. I try to mix all remix music, don't like mixing simple, it's just not me. But i try to stick with up-beat remixed styles, but not like hardcore remixes lol unless that's at a club/etc.

da blur

ProfessionalEntertainment
Well this original thread is years old but..

Yeah...I did some sweet 16 party one time and used a lot of remixes (different beat, slow->uptempo remix...or new verses) and they wanted all the originals because that's what they know...

they aren't really impressed by transitions as much as older [drunk] crowd...they want to hear what they already know to sing along and the WHOLE song......you can do a few if you want to but probably your best bet is to keep the songs original, mainstream

Last edited: