• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Virtual DJ Appreciation Thread

DeeJ

i strongly believe this is one of the most user friendly programs out there for the laptop djs. who else feels the same way? ive rocked plenty of backyard bangers with just virtual dj

djpapichulo

DiscJockey
I Feel The Same Way.virtual Dj Is The Shiznit Lol..really..i Dj For Skool Dances All That,,,i Know Serato Is Better But SERATO IS FOR DJ THAT LIKE TO SCRATCH YOU KNOW BUT on the other hand Ill Prefer Virtual Dj Why Because It Already Has Effects And Can Put Drops Also ,can Mix Videos,and Sync Music Fast You Know.i Had I Already 2 Years And Sumthings..so Ill Stay With Virtual Dj./.
Thanks For The Post

djtreborz

i love virtual dj even from the start. user friendly and what we always wanted in our dj system. till now no beats them.

djtreborz

i love virtual dj even from the start. user friendly and what we always wanted in our dj system. till now no one beats them.

texasskoolboi

yea im wit papi chulo.. serato is def good but virtual dj is just simple and it has all the other lil perks that aid in live remixing..

ive been using it at the clubs and i've had plenty of serato users take interest in it...

funny cuz they just sit there and stare at me.... lol...

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
I feel that it was a great stepping stone for me going into Serato, and I don't think I would have picked up on Serato as quick without using it for three months.

I got Serato on a Tuesday, and did a party that Friday and a major school ball on Saturday. I had only used turntables with real vinyl for about 4-5 days before I got Serato...so yeah, it was a risk for me to use Serato that soon, but Virtual DJ's setup is so similar, it was an easy transition. However....I had to use Virtual DJ once since then, and it just bored me since I couldn't scratch or use the tables.

texasskoolboi

R-Tistic said:
I feel that it was a great stepping stone for me going into Serato, and I don't think I would have picked up on Serato as quick without using it for three months.

I got Serato on a Tuesday, and did a party that Friday and a major school ball on Saturday. I had only used turntables with real vinyl for about 4-5 days before I got Serato...so yeah, it was a risk for me to use Serato that soon, but Virtual DJ's setup is so similar, it was an easy transition. However....I had to use Virtual DJ once since then, and it just bored me since I couldn't scratch or use the tables.

why not?? .. i've been using the vynils for over 2 yrs wit virtual dj ... same thing pretty much.........

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
^I was only using Virtual that one time because I didn't have (time) to set up my turntables for this last minute house party switch, so I was just using it by itself with the computer and mouse.

djpapichulo

DiscJockey
well "r-tistic" like you said virtual dj got you bord and said cant sctrach lol thats why thiers serato,serato is the one to sctrach .but im all good with it.i dont really scratch because i suck on it haha,but virtual dj brings evrything you want lol

DJGuido

Just hook your turntables on Virtual DJ!
I started DJing with virtual DJ, 2 EKS XP 10 Controllers and a Gemini mixer and it is really good to learn with!
I like VDJ, got pretty much all the effects but couldnt use it on its one with just mouse. I can imagine why u got bored R-Tistic

HushLoungeDJ

If you like VDJ then you'll love Numark VirtualVinyl - same basic principle as Serato except not as expensive and easier to use. Mix videos without spending $6,000!

CHRIS GREEN

R-Tistic said:

vdj works with the ssl box if your on a pc.i went out and got ssl after 3 years with vdj.went back to using vdj with the ssl box and was in love.upgraded to a mac only to find out vdj doesnt work with the box on mac so now i just bring out my mk2 for the house partys and run ssl for da club!

R-Tistic

L.A. needs me!
^I definitely get that you can use VDJ with turntables....so maybe my "complaint" about being bored wasn't really a shot at VDJ, but more of a shot at DJ'n without being able to use tables at all.

The one time I had to use VDJ, we were doin a house party and I was on Serato + tables, and the cops came....so we had to quickly re-locate, and I wouldn't have had time to set up the turntables, so I just brought the laptop in and was doin it on Virtual DJ since you can't really mix on Serato without the box and mixer and all else.

djklassik

Yea, I'm a Virtual DJ user, tried switching to Torq, been having all kinda problems though: will be happy if i can just use the connectiv box, + vdj + my cdj-800s

DatDamnAmp

djklassik said:
Yea, I'm a Virtual DJ user, tried switching to Torq, been having all kinda problems though: will be happy if i can just use the connectiv box, + vdj + my cdj-800s
Yeah you can. Just burn the VDJ control CDs and you set.

I bought a CONECTIV back in Nov 06, then the Xponent in July '07 and haven't touched my CD players or TTs since. People complain that they cant scratch with the Xponent, but that was the same complaint when CDJs hit the market from the Vinyl DJs. Yeah its different, but you have to adapt to the new device. Just like when you go from your table setup to someone elses. You have to get the feel for it, and move the crowd.

Anyway, I use VDJ alot, I love the karaoke support. I dont have to bring my VOCALPRO anymore and worry about CDs coming up missing. I have over 3000 songs now, so I can play just about anything and its alot easier to go on the internet and find the song I want as opposed to buying a CD-G disk for $20 just for 1 damn song I want.
I fux with Torq, but with doing mostly karaoke, VDJ gives me what I need.

djklassik

Yea, i got VDJ to work with my connectiv box, Make sure u use the timecodes in smart mode, it gives you the best of both worlds, all the cdj features are enabled, plus all the VDJ features