• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

Welcome!!!

DjTito

Tu Socio
Welcome to the new Video Trader Forum! DJs, post your high quality video downloads here!!!!
Good addition for 09 Tj, since Serato added the video plugin ive video djing has been becoming very popular quick.:D

k.m

Super Moderator
yup yup.. some members been waiting for this for a long time.. hope they put it to good use ;)

tito, check your user cp ;)

TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Should we restrict posts before it's visible to you like Music Trader? Moderate membership?

Glad you like. It was Bigz suggestion. Let me know if you want to see anything else.

DjTito

Tu Socio
Should we restrict posts before it's visible to you like Music Trader? Moderate membership?

Glad you like. It was Bigz suggestion. Let me know if you want to see anything else.
Hmmm it is an incentive, but I think that by having it visible it will attract more users. If there was a reply to download option or to reply to see link I think that would be even better!:D:D

k.m

Super Moderator
big up to Bigz..

erm, i think a restriction is a good idea, but to encourage ppl to make use of it straight away i think it would be good to leave it for like a month n then introduce that..

that way new members n old members alike, will have a reason to participate rather than jus leech...

is it possible on a selection/invite basis like the groups? if not i think 250 is cool.. only prob with such a rule is some get to that point, get access n then jus goto leecher mode :cool:

TJ

Administrator
Staff member
I like the reply for link option, but does that work??? Do people then start replying with alot of junk just to see the download link?

k.m

Super Moderator
theres 2 ways i've seen, the simple 'reply to see' doesnt work really, as all ppl do is jus say thanks or random letters... n the nex thing u know is that thread is jus spam..

another i've seen, n this does work is a simple option to say thanks by clicking a button/tab like the way you click 'reply'. after hitting the 'thanks' ur name is displayed beneath the post with any other names that to show u said thanks to the poster etc :)

The benefit of this is no extra spam posts are created and u know exactly who has access to the link so u shld hopefully expect a comment frm them now n again lol.. however i dnt think that tool was based on a vbulletin, i dunno, be great if we can implement something along those lines :cool:

TJ

Administrator
Staff member
theres 2 ways i've seen, the simple 'reply to see' doesnt work really, as all ppl do is jus say thanks or random letters... n the nex thing u know is that thread is jus spam..

another i've seen, n this does work is a simple option to say thanks by clicking a button/tab like the way you click 'reply'. after hitting the 'thanks' ur name is displayed beneath the post with any other names that to show u said thanks to the poster etc :)

The benefit of this is no extra spam posts are created and u know exactly who has access to the link so u shld hopefully expect a comment frm them now n again lol.. however i dnt think that tool was based on a vbulletin, i dunno, be great if we can implement something along those lines :cool:
I like the thank you. That is a mod for vbulletin. I'm gonna have that installed today.

DjTito

Tu Socio
I like the reply for link option, but does that work??? Do people then start replying with alot of junk just to see the download link?
Actually it does work. Even if they type thanks you know they have to reply to see the link to download. The point is to make them interact to be able to download which really isnt a problem. If they do type some jibberish to download it is something that can be moderated, but regardless it still makes the user interact in a way that keeps the forum moving and allows for the forum from having what seems to be stale posts. IE lets say there are 20 new songs posted and you have 100 views each but no replies, the tracks are going to look older and people are less likely to fuck with them because it looks like the same old tracks are just sitting there. If they have to reply in some way shape or form, it will cause for the forum to be refreshing threads at a high rate so you will see alot more activity... Kinda like a fish bowl with an oxygen bubbler that keeps the water refreshed.:D:D

lol not for anything but most forums that I get my "software" from have alot of activity because of this and new or useful stuff get their deserved attention.

TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Actually it does work. Even if they type thanks you know they have to reply to see the link to download. The point is to make them interact to be able to download which really isnt a problem. If they do type some jibberish to download it is something that can be moderated, but regardless it still makes the user interact in a way that keeps the forum moving and allows for the forum from having what seems to be stale posts. IE lets say there are 20 new songs posted and you have 100 views each but no replies, the tracks are going to look older and people are less likely to fuck with them because it looks like the same old tracks are just sitting there. If they have to reply in some way shape or form, it will cause for the forum to be refreshing threads at a high rate so you will see alot more activity... Kinda like a fish bowl with an oxygen bubbler that keeps the water refreshed.:D:D

lol not for anything but most forums that I get my "software" from have alot of activity because of this and new or useful stuff get their deserved attention.
Do you think the THANK YOU addition would also keep the threads refreshed and new without all the necessary moderation?

Bigz

"Fuc We Drankin?!?"
Good sh*t, I have hundreds of vids. Definitely have to find a good, fast file sharing joint.

DJ Richy

U should make it like music trader. No offense to the hustlers, music trader is like a premium. For the most part, those who are in the music trader contribute from one another. Just my two cents

DjTito

Tu Socio
Do you think the THANK YOU addition would also keep the threads refreshed and new without all the necessary moderation?
If the thank you button bumps up the threads I think it will work better in the sense of not having to moderate as much, but if it does'nt, the reply option will be better.

Members will have to do a tit for tat on both methods, but with the reply to view option it has the added bonus of being able to actually VIEW the feedback plus having important and popular threads bumped up as well. Some members will provide feedback, some will say thanks, and some will type asdf asdf. Regardless, this way you have a good way of knowing which members are really participating by their replies, since the posts are viewable by all resulting in increased member participation.

I think the Thank You button option will just show a list of all the members that clicked thank you and thats it.

My bad it took so long to respond but I couldnt log back in after I signed out yesterday.

Bigz

"Fuc We Drankin?!?"
U should make it like music trader. No offense to the hustlers, music trader is like a premium. For the most part, those who are in the music trader contribute from one another. Just my two cents
Agreed....

TJ

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Music Trader at 500 post minimum to get access. I think that might be high to start the video trader at that. Thoughts?

Bigz

"Fuc We Drankin?!?"
I have the Music Trader at 500 post minimum to get access. I think that might be high to start the video trader at that. Thoughts?
Perhaps until it catches fire, maybe 250 to start. We can monitor the numbers and make the adjustment in the future accordingly.

JonnyBlaze

from 804 to 252
yeah whatever is done... im just tired of all the leechers on here.. hahah big ups to all the members who contribute and arn't just out to get free trax....
This is a great addition to the site!

TJ- whats the chance of gettin a drop from B.o.b. for my online mixtape im bout to drop?