• You really should REGISTER real quick!!!!

What do you use to make your beats?

R. Pizano

DJ/Producer- 408 Bay Area
Ok well here it goes.....

I use:

Software:
Acid Pro 6.0 - For Drums, sampling (if choose to), and to use some waves effects (got windows version now mac)
Garageband - To host my virtual instruments/midi (take drums from acid and import them to garageband to finish the beat)
Logic Pro 8 - Just got - so will replace garageband
Sonar 6 - Vocals and mixing if on my studio computer
Pro-Tools 7.4 - I import everything onto separate tracks, import them here to mix and eq/effects (this on mac, so effects are limited more eq)
Autotune - for vocals
Celemony Melodyne - for vocals and figuring out sample pitches

Sounds:
Komplete 5 - which garageband/Logic hosts for me - this is my main source of sounds when making beats
Korg Triton Stuido Keyboard - I also use this now that im back home to make beats
Drumkits - jus drumkits i find online and whats been posted here for my drums

Hardware:
Mbox2 Factory bundle
M-Audio BX5a monitors (not bad, but the bass lacks, ur gunna need an eq between audio interface and speakers to boost it up
SONY MDR-7506 headphones (not bad, love them)
M-Audio Axiom 49 Midi Keyboard
Dont remember my mixing console name
And dont remember my mic pre-amp either

Last edited:

dj s-one

mixoligist
right now Im jus getting into beat making so i useing fruityloops 7 xxl with HELLA vst's and a Roland xp-10 keyboard for my midi controler adn my old school Ensoniq ASR-X for drums and sampling then take it to a full studio to do vocals. But with my computer I can pretty much do it allall the way down to the final mix down..man I wish I had a vocal booth at the house!!!

lemy

right now im just using fl studio 7. sometimes ill use reason but im not too experienced in it so i use it for melodies more than anything. i use sonar to record my vocals.

TWEeZy

mpc 2000
various sound modules (korg,roland,emu)
Kurweill 88 key
protools digi 001 &002
mad records
mad weed
a bunch of musicians
m-audio axiom keyboard
macbook pro 2.4 ghz
roland w-30

currently been jumping around from mpc & keyboards to logic & garageband.

U could really put me in front of anything & i'm gonna make it bang!!

BUT REMEMBER........
its not what u use- its how u use it!!!

I know mad niggz with million studios that cant make music worth sh*T, and I know some hood ass niggz with a $100 casio keyboard that will school allot of major label producers.:cool:

Dylan Dude

TWEeZy said:
I know mad niggz with million studios that cant make music worth sh*T, and I know some hood ass niggz with a $100 casio keyboard that will school allot of major label producers.:cool:
like me.

lol jk. I won't school any major label producers. But I think my beats are alright and I use a $100 casio keyboard. lol But some of these beats I hear on the radio suck. Bangledesh (sp?) sucks. And Soulja boy makes his own beats and they suck. Mine are way better than there's.

da blur

ProfessionalEntertainment
Yeah. Doesn't matter what you got, it's how you use it.

For right now all i'm rockin with is.

A computer

Cubase
Fruity Loops

Cool Edit
Goldwave

My brain

.. ^All i need

D.V.US

Mpc 2500!!!
Asr-10
Yamaha/korg/kurz Keyboards
Pro Tools
Reason
East West Products
Turntables
And A Few Things I Cant Talk About...ha

djSun

Universal Wizard
I am using

Roland fantom x6
Roland MV8800
Rane Serato Live

I have acid pro, cubase and pro tools but I do not care too much for using the software. Leaning towards using the yamaha 2400 for my project.